who needs democracy when you have data

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...you-have-data/

In 1955, science fiction writer Isaac Asimov published a short story about an experiment in “electronic democracy,” in which a single citizen, selected to represent an entire population, responded to questions generated by a computer named Multivac. The machine took this data and calculated the results of an election that therefore never needed to happen. Asimov’s story was set in Bloomington, Indiana, but today an approximation of Multivac is being built in China.

China is taking this idea to a whole new level.
I read that story. interesting premise. except China isn't a democracy.
I read that story. interesting premise. except China isn't a democracy. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

yeah I know. misleading title.

but they are using data to control their population, instead of democracy.

its kinda like the GOT council meeting, one of them suggested to let people choose their leader. just about everyone on the council laughed. in this case the chinese elites laughed at that idea. they want complete control no matter what the consequences.
by story i meant the Asimov short story not the article. i have read the article now and i think this is a great idea for China! they should go full tilt on this! Cameras everywhere, in your shitter! in your car! everywhere!!!!

and China will fall in 5 to 10 years if they do that. Perfect! as the article states, you can't put a policeman at every door when you have 1.4 billion people. where do you get 1.4 billion cops too? you can't. how large is the Chinese army? about 2 million. 2 million soldiers and a couple hundred thousand cops cann't control 1 billion pissed off people. no way. i don't care that that the average Chinese can't own a gun. they have hatchets, pitchforks, clubs and knives. a full on riot would completely overwhelm the military, which in part is what all this AI is supposed to control. they simply cut off all communications so the word can't spread. will not matter at all. even in one city alone there are millions compared to far too few cops and military. the government will order troops and cops to fire on citizens. and that will ignite the biggest full on national riot ever seen. they will fall.

so let them go down this Orwellian route now! the sooner they destroy themselves for us, the better!!
Well the liberals for years have been going by the book 1984 so why not ( 1984 is the liberal bible )