Pay in colones and save 10% with the Chica's

Was just taking a client to the Cocal Yesterday. I notice a couple of things the Gringos should know. The Cocal is certainly where you want to be as far as the women go, however, they are full and you might not be able to get a room. They do let me know in advance if they have a cancellation and give me 1st shot at booking the room for them. Even tough, gorgeous condos close by that you can still be had if you have the right connects. You can get a 2-3 bedroom luxury condo, for about the same money you would pay for a Hotel room at the Cocal. Also, I noticed a guy drinking a Coors Light at the bar at $6. In my opinion, it its better and cheaper to drink the local beer. Beer is made to be drank fresh and they have to import coors light. Pilsen or Imperial is local and offers a fresher taste. The guy was on vacation and probably didn't care how much the cost was but most of you do. Another tip, if you are staying at the Cocal, buy your beer and liquor at the Mas X Menos (owned by Walmart) on the main drag. That same Coors Light would have cost him $1. 30 per can and he could have put them in his mini fridge in his room. Tip 2. Do Exchange money there or Banco National nearby. Right now the dollar is fluctuating. On Wednesday I got it at Banco National for 557 colones to the $1. Yesterday at BAC San Jose 537- 1 and last night at Walmart 547-1. Pay the Ticas in Colones now and not Dollars and save 10. They are still figuring 500 to the $1. So, for the math, a $100 session, they will do for 50, 000 colones. If you paid in dollars, it would cost you about 5, 000 colones more. Due to the number of clients coming in with our tours, I keep a close eye on the exchange rate. Have fun in Costa Rica.

O.L D. One Lucky Dogg
http://OneLuckyDogg.com
If you pay in colones, how much do you offer and what is too much? I will be there the first of April and will be staying at the Sportsman
Wise advice OLD.

Awww crap - sorry for posting on an old thread.

SF