The Handmaid's Tale-Hulu

Has anyone watched this? Or seen the trailer? It looks pretty good.

Just wanted to start a thread on something I found interesting...

https://youtu.be/7dqMyh4ILIg
I'm pretty sure this a re-make. I seem to remember watching this story years ago on HBO. I won't be watching this version as from what I understand, the lead roll is played by a Scientologist and I'm pretty much boycotting anything related to Scientology on general principle.
Wow that's interesting...

I became interested in the show because the actress Samira Wiley (Orange is the New Black) plays a role. I thought her character was killed off prematurely so I was excited to see her in something else.
  • Crock
  • 05-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Wow that's interesting...

I became interested in the show because the actress Samira Wiley (Orange is the New Black) plays a role. I thought her character was killed off prematurely so I was excited to see her in something else. Originally Posted by Analeese
Love me some Poussey!

I didn't know that this had been done on TV before, but it's based on an excellent book by Margaret Atwood. I love dystopian novels. Very scary.
  • Crock
  • 05-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Oh, and I'm waiting to binge watch after the season is finished.
Has anyone watched this? Or seen the trailer? It looks pretty good.

Just wanted to start a thread on something I found interesting...

https://youtu.be/7dqMyh4ILIg Originally Posted by Analeese

I could look this up but the link goes to a song.
I started watching this late last night, had three two many glasses of wine lol but it was getting good.

So I will be binge watching this weekend ☺️
Oh, and I'm waiting to binge watch after the season is finished. Originally Posted by Crock
Hulu drops the whole season at once
Hulu didn't drop the entire season of Handmaid's Tale. It comes on Wednesdays right now until they finish the season.
I've seen the first 3 episodes and like it so far.
It was written in the 80's when the televangelists were gonna take over the world. Replace every overt Christian bit in that show with Islam and the show's a fucking documentary... but you couldn't actually make it if you wrote it about islam because you'd get a fatwa on your ass.
All of this season is out now. It ended where you are ready for the next season! I loved it.