Killeen Holiday Social?

Where is the Christmas/ New Year's Party at and when? I say bring a present and lets draw numbers any takers.. Like a white elephant party. Originally Posted by Truly Passion

Taylor has suggested a Holiday social gathering in Killeen.

If we choose to make it happen before New Year, it will have to be Fri 27 Dec after work, or Sat 28 Dec either mid afternoon or evening.

If we wait until after the New Year, we can do Thursday 2 Jan or Friday 3 Jan, after work.

By after work, we have run from 4:30/5:00 to 8 pm or later.

By mid afternoon, I am thinking 2-6 pm.

Once we have a decision, we will post an announcement of the date. Once the date is announced, we are not allowed to have a "discussion" on the board after announcement, per rule #30.

So, here is the deal. No announcement of an event yet. Just trying to ascertain if there is an interest in Passion's idea and if some dates are better than others.

At the point an announcement is made, the thread will be locked.

Am attaching a poll to make it easy to tally the interest and the dates that work best or don't work.

MULTIPLE CHOICES ARE OFFERED, so if all 4 dates work for you then select all 4. If only one two or three of the dates work, then check those.

Please take the poll and feel free to comment away......
I vote for after work on January 1st but only because that is likely the only time I could do it.
I vote for after work on January 1st but only because that is likely the only time I could do it. Originally Posted by wargy05
I am open to the 1st.....
so far with the poll the 2nd and 3rd seem to be the most open.
so far with the poll the 2nd and 3rd seem to be the most open. Originally Posted by GabrielaSweetheart
I always like it when the 2nd and 3rd are open...........LOL.
I personally prefer the 3rd!!!
In my opinion I like it when all three are open for play! Why do we have to choose? I'm available any day tad is chosen!
In my opinion I like it when all three are open for play! Originally Posted by Randi Games
I agree completely.

Why do we have to choose? I'm available any day that is chosen! Originally Posted by Randi Games
Randi, that is the purpose of the multiple choice poll. Go ahead and vote YES on all 4 dates. This way I can easily count the number of people interested and chose a date that is best for the majority.

I made it anonymous, so no one will know who voted or how they voted, but the numbers are clear.

Respectfully,

OldSarge.
To answer a question I received:

White Elephant gift exchange.

1) Participation is NOT mandatory, but will be highly encouraged.
2) Bring a new wrapped gift you don't or didn't want. Keep it under $20
3) Everyone bringing a gift gets a number drawn at random
4) Lowest number drawn goes first.
5) When it is your turn, you get to choose a gift from the table or one that someone else has chosen
6) A gift can only be "stolen" twice. In other words, gift is chosen once. It can be "stolen" by another when it is their turn and it can be "stolen" from that person by someone else when their turn is up. (pays to have the last draw).

Not complicated but it is fun.

Hope to see a lot of y'all there!

Respectfully,

OldSarge
I pick any of the days but especially the 27th, it is my Birthday and that would be an awesome way to celebrate.
Where's Killeen? Lol
Anytime after new yrs I can be there.
Where's Killeen? Lol Originally Posted by Laura Lynn
Halfway between DFW and San Antonio and about 12 miles west on I-35...... right next to Knotty Man.
Ok, Looks like THURSDAY, 2 JAN 2014.

4:30 to 8:00pm

No host bar (everyone pays their own way)

Killeen bar/restaurant. Worked well for us last time.

Casual dress/holiday dress. Nothing that stands out the wrong way.

We look just like another office party/group of friends celebrating the holiday

White Elephant gift exchange, see post #9

"Taylor's Holiday Party"

Send me a PM after Christmas for the location if you want to attend. It looks to be another fun group.

Respectfully,

OldSarge
Halfway between DFW and San Antonio and about 12 miles west on I-35...... right next to Knotty Man. Originally Posted by OldSarge
lol. to quote another hobby gent......."come to knotty man"