How will you honor them?

Veterans Day – that special day we take time to reflect on the valor, the bravery, and the sacrifices of ALL Americans who have served to protect and secure the many freedoms and liberties that we enjoy today.

Many have been called, many have suffered the shock and pain of battle, some disabled for life, and many have made the “ultimate sacrifice.” All have given some of the best years of their lives. Why did they do it?

Simply because there was a job to be done and they were the ones called upon to do it. What was the result of their sacrifice? - Simply this: America, to this day, remains a free country.

I will tell you why I did it: Because military/public service runs very deep in my family. It is a great way to earn money for college, get job skills, and learn discipline and respect. I was and always will be proud to have served my country. I do not regret any moment I spent in the Army, even the very bad ones. I am a stronger man for it.

On Veterans Day, we honor every patriotic man and woman who has ever worn the uniform of our country - Americans who stepped out of the crowd and swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic. This man or woman could be someone in your own family, a neighbor, a friend or even yourself.

On Veterans Day, we join together in a common cause, a salute to all who have served together; for freedom and for liberty. All have faced the greatest test that can be applied to American citizenship; being willing to risk your life to defend your citizenship. Every man and woman who put on the wartime military uniform of the United States and served with honor has passed this test of citizenship.

Veterans Day forces most all Americans to pause and reflect the cost of this test and then say, “Thank You” to this nation’s veterans for their service and sacrifice.

We also want to remember and thank the many men and women who are now serving our country here and around the world. To those young Americans in uniform right now, all around the globe, we say “Godspeed” our prayers and our sincere wishes for your safe return go out to you.

We must never forget that these heroes are tomorrow’s veterans. We must remember that the way we treat today’s veterans sends a powerful message to our active duty troops about how we will honor their sacrifice after they leave military service.

We may be uncertain about many things in America today, but we should have no reason to be uncertain about the respect and honor we owe to those who have served this nation in times of war.

Always remember that any freedoms you currently have is because of the men and women who took an oath to defend our constitution, country and your rights!

Thank you for keeping us safe.

I'll honor them by being a responsible American, not an entitled whiner who gets upset over my Starbucks cup color. I'll make a conscious effort to appreciate my freedoms and rights every day. I'll honor them by teaching my children about the cost of their freedoms and rights so they can teach their children and so on and so on.

There is no possible way to truly thank a vet for their sacrifices. The only thing any of us can do is live our lives in appreciation of those sacrifices and not forget how we got to where we are.
And I will honor you by slapping that nice looking booty you have the next time we see each other!

Lunch?

Thank you for keeping us safe.

I'll honor them by being a responsible American, not an entitled whiner who gets upset over my Starbucks cup color. I'll make a conscious effort to appreciate my freedoms and rights every day. I'll honor them by teaching my children about the cost of their freedoms and rights so they can teach their children and so on and so on.

There is no possible way to truly thank a vet for their sacrifices. The only thing any of us can do is live our lives in appreciation of those sacrifices and not forget how we got to where we are. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
And I will honor you by slapping that nice looking booty you have the next time we see each other!

Lunch? Originally Posted by slubby
The incall cafe hours are hit or miss these days. I might be serving up something like warm Apple pie tomorrow. Can't get more patriotic than that.

"Come and get it..."

Will you bend over naked while yelling that at me? Pleeeeeeeeeeease! I'll even let you up charge me.

The incall cafe hours are hit or miss these days. I might be serving up something like warm Apple pie tomorrow. Can't get more patriotic than that.

"Come and get it..."

Originally Posted by thathottnurse
This time of year, I call my commanding officer, my buddies I can reach, families of those I can no longer reach, reach if I can reach,those who I have met since who I can reach, tis a sad time ; that contact fills that void.

But you never forget.

Does temper my view on those who chose to tread on the freedom so highly paid for.
Great post. I help as much as I can by supporting / donating to:
(1) K9s for warriors, Pets for Vets - provide service / therapy dogs to vets (www.k9sforwarriors.org/)
(2) wounded warriors foundation
(3) patriot guard riders
(4) 22kill (https://www.22kill.com)
(5) voting, providing jobs and being a good citizen.

As an immigrant to this country I wasn't able to serve, but since becoming an American citizen, I help as much as I can. I love this country.
I am always humbled by the fact that veterans service gets the recognition it does...
As Vietnam was winding down we as vets were berated, spit on, and hassled at almost every turn...it has taken years to recover in my head the hate filled reception that awaited us at airports, train station and restaurants.....
I have 4 kiddos that have or are currently serving, covering MARINES, ARMY and NAVY...
I honor all who serve and for those who did not have to because of our faithful service...
This is what makes America great.....
HUG A VET TODAY,!!!
Wounder Warriors Foundation and the PTSD foundation have always been near and dear to my heart.

http://www.therefuge-ahealingplace.c...AUHhoCrnvw_wcB

Great post. I help as much as I can by supporting / donating to:
(1) K9s for warriors, Pets for Vets - provide service / therapy dogs to vets (www.k9sforwarriors.org/)
(2) wounded warriors foundation
(3) patriot guard riders
(4) 22kill (https://www.22kill.com)
(5) voting, providing jobs and being a good citizen.

As an immigrant to this country I wasn't able to serve, but since becoming an American citizen, I help as much as I can. I love this country. Originally Posted by sgtpepper1968
I really have mixed emotions about the Veteran recognition. As a vet I am bothered by guys trolling for a vet discount on a hooker board. Show some dignity. I also think a lot of the attention of vet needs gets taken away sometimes by the civilian organizations that serve vets. The needs are real and long term. We all need to sit down and write our representatives a letter urging stronger funding and support for the VA. This isn't a partisan issue. The VA has been under funded and under staffed for at least the last 50 years I have associated with it. Any vet that has tried to use the VA will have a horror story.
I hope the discounts at Denny's and Home Depot don't substitute for our real obligation to get behind the needs of the vets and the VA. I support the civilian organizations that help vets, but the government is the only entity that can provide support on the scale needed and for the duration needed. I read recently that there are almost 1.4 million vets at risk of being homeless and any given night there will be 50,000 homeless vets on the street.
If we can't take care of them, then don't send them to war.
Salute my brothers.
I really have mixed emotions about the Veteran recognition. As a vet I am bothered by guys trolling for a vet discount on a hooker board. Show some dignity. I also think a lot of the attention of vet needs gets taken away sometimes by the civilian organizations that serve vets. The needs are real and long term. We all need to sit down and write our representatives a letter urging stronger funding and support for the VA. This isn't a partisan issue. The VA has been under funded and under staffed for at least the last 50 years I have associated with it. Any vet that has tried to use the VA will have a horror story.
I hope the discounts at Denny's and Home Depot don't substitute for our real obligation to get behind the needs of the vets and the VA. I support the civilian organizations that help vets, but the government is the only entity that can provide support on the scale needed and for the duration needed. I read recently that there are almost 1.4 million vets at risk of being homeless and any given night there will be 50,000 homeless vets on the street.
If we can't take care of them, then don't send them to war.
Salute my brothers. Originally Posted by slowmover
You have respect for me about this baby. I am volunteering to place in carrollton thanksgiving morning to the homeless veterans. There is supposed to be 8,000. I've already donated groceries for it and I have to go get some sweaters and coats for them. To all the veterans from the bottom of my heart I love you all.
I am always humbled by the fact that veterans service gets the recognition it does...
As Vietnam was winding down we as vets were berated, spit on, and hassled at almost every turn...it has taken years to recover in my head the hate filled reception that awaited us at airports, train station and restaurants.....
I have 4 kiddos that have or are currently serving, covering MARINES, ARMY and NAVY...
I honor all who serve and for those who did not have to because of our faithful service...
This is what makes America great.....
HUG A VET TODAY,!!! Originally Posted by MarineButch
Sure did. Us old farts traded stories with WBE's. Have to admit I am glad I am an old Vet. The kids with us have a tougher future than I faced. Times change; wars change too. I recall the scorn on the Vietnam vets; and, now the veiled scorn of the Middle East vets.

VA has gotten worse. The CIC today is ----. SNAFU!

God bless all those who serve. And those who respect those who serve.