Costa Rica - where to go

I am heading down to Costa Rica in March. Where are the best party places to go? I am planning on staying at the Sportsman Lodge in San Jose for a couple of days before heading down the coast. So many things to do? Where would you go?
Feel free to PM Captain Gus from Houston, he and some friends just got back from there.
Diablo, depends what you are looking for. If as your note states, you are looking for "the best party places to go" do not leave San Jose. The Sportsman's Lodge is outstanding -- very friendly guys to give you advice and many women. Of course, the Blue Marlin is a place you have to visit. Hard to describe the scene. There are also several massage parlors which give you a great bang for your buck!!

If you are interested in traveling outside San Jose, try the volcano in Arenal, the cloudforest in Monteverde, white water rafting and zip line tours, which are available from either San Jose or other locations.

A great source of information is costaricaticas.com.
  • Kewl1
  • 02-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Diablo - been there many a time. Spent 9 great days there at thanksgiving.

Hotel Del Rey - The Blue Marlin is surreal. Many of the hottest women you will see. Speed Racer was right on - Many great things to do in and around San Jose.

If you want to hit the beach for a day or two - the closest is Jaco. You can get a van down for about $35. Stay at the Copacabana. It is right on the beach. Clothing optional pool. Many ladies drift in and out of there throughout the day and night.

At the end of the street is "The Beattle Bar". Like another version of the Blue Marlin. If in Jaco - Stay away from Pancho Villa Upstairs club - es peligroso.

PM me for any other questions...

Stay at the Copacabana.

At the end of the street is "The Beattle Bar". Like another version of the Blue Marlin. If in Jaco - Stay away from Pancho Villa Upstairs club - es peligroso.
Originally Posted by Kewl1
Kosher took kab to Jaco, paid about $50.00 each way, was quick. Vans or buses as well, as Kewl noted.

Kosher stayed at Copacabana as well, was than just redone, very nice and cheap. Noticed at the Beettle, about 25% of the girls also work the Blue Marlin, the rest different gals. The advantage of San Jose is girls 24/7; Jaco doesn't get going until night, but once you pick up one or two at the Beetle Bar you can go find them during the day.

Lucky you, I'm looking for flights myself, pretty pricey now.

Here is another site, perhaps a little outdated, but shows the locations of the places in SJ:

http://www.dongordo.com/

Also, you will find tons of mongers in the place you are staying with a ton of information in order to be able to make informed and educated decisions, the guys from the CRT site also all get together nightly in the lower section of the BM, enter from the side street and you will find them 5-6 PM or so. Always another monger to talk to.

Have fun; I have been several times so feel free to PM me as well if you have any questions...
  • Kewl1
  • 02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
you know this kinda has me thinking.. anyone want to set up a trip to CR? I have some hookups on houses etc on the beach near Jaco.

Plus dang near married a Dominican working girl down there.. so I have some pretty good friends "In the business" We split a house / rental car etc about 3 ways it gets pretty cheap.

i found if you find a girl and treat her right - the donation is significantly reduced - they just want to hang out, eat at nice places, and do some fun stuff.

Anyone interested - shoot me a pm. SORRY DIABLO - don't mean to jack your thread.
Quick Question Guys... What is the typical cost for a short visit? Also, what kind of service level can you expect down there?...
you know this kinda has me thinking.. anyone want to set up a trip to CR? I have some hookups on houses etc on the beach near Jaco.

Plus dang near married a Dominican working girl down there.. so I have some pretty good friends "In the business" We split a house / rental car etc about 3 ways it gets pretty cheap.

i found if you find a girl and treat her right - the donation is significantly reduced - they just want to hang out, eat at nice places, and do some fun stuff.

Anyone interested - shoot me a pm. SORRY DIABLO - don't mean to jack your thread. Originally Posted by Kewl1
Yes I am interested. But I won't be taking vacation til this summer. And this would have to be after my Portugal/Spain trip. But I am down. I checked the exchange rates and if they are charging between $15 and $20 for fs or light GFE even I am so in.
Quick Question Guys... What is the typical cost for a short visit? Also, what kind of service level can you expect down there?... Originally Posted by Elephant
I assume by "typical cost for a short visit" is the cost of a lady. The majority of the women will ask for "cien", or $100. However, as anyone who has visited CR will tell you, negotiate. This isn't the States. Most will come down to $80 immediately and, depending on the time of night and their personal finances, $60 or less is doable. You can also negotiate for time. The usual price is for an hour, but you might offer $100 for 2 hours, or something like that. I would say $200 will get you a woman for the night. Also, most CR veterans will tell you to make it understood up front what is and is not going to happen BCD. DFK? BBBJ? As in the States, each woman is different. I am not good at this because it makes the deal too much like a business transaction, which of course it is.

A nice hotel room in San Jose can be had for under $100 a night, even way under. Food is rather inexpensive, as are the taxis. Do not walk around at night. Always take a taxi.
Quick Question Guys... What is the typical cost for a short visit? Also, what kind of service level can you expect down there?... Originally Posted by Elephant
In the BM they will ask for $100, will take as low as $40-$60 and this was a few years ago, so my guess is $60-$80 will land you any girl in the club in this economy. Your choices are usually Ticas, Nicas and Columbianas ( who often have boob jobs.) The C's tend to ask more, the T's and the N's the better deal. Directly across from the BM is a dance club, ladies of the night fill the place up many of them from the BM, they go back and forth. Amongst these ladies are free ladies, locals who come in hopes of an American to buy them dinner and gifts etc.

The Beetle Bar is maybe $10-$20 more, they ask for more $ there, $70-$100 or so.

The cheapest pu$$y is in the massage parlors but they usually open at like 9-10 AM and close in the evenings but if you go during the day you can often offer a lady X amount for the night and she'll come to your hotel happily. New Fantasy, Zona Blue, Bar IDEM and Oasis are ( were) my favorites, the CRT sites will have those locations updated and some of them if you buy the CRT membership card will honor a discount. These girls are $40-$60 tops, Massage/BJ/FS. They don't have the attitude that you will find in the Blue Marlin or the Beetle Bar. Those girls in the night clubs can be stuck up at times, esp the ones from Columbia who think they are ' better' than their sisters, the Nicas and Ticas. 2-3 strip joints ( higher class) exists as well, a cab ride for sure ( 10- minutes), you can bang the girls in there too and some of them are hot.

One problem I have encountered in CR is at the strip joints and BM/Beetle Bars, sometimes the best looking girls have a little problem that involves their nose and the need to come and go from the ladies' room often, they may also tend to rush you as a result or just not give a shit. Also, don't pick a girl when you walk in, when Kosher was a young john in his 20's an older man once told him ' never pick the first hooker you see in a W*house, the best ones ( looks and/or service) are usually working', so enjoy a beer or two and wait 30 minutes, you'll see the lookers returning.

Seriously, join that CRT site, all the guys in this thread have been right on w information but the wealth of information on the CRT site is humongous plus you get discounts on food, hotels, and yes, even pussy in the parlors...

CFS is a given, BBBJ I'd say available but depends on if she likes you or not and/or if you come up with some good lines.
Also, don't pick a girl when you walk in, when Kosher was a young john in his 20's an older man once told him ' never pick the first hooker you see in a W*house, the best ones ( looks and/or service) are usually working', so enjoy a beer or two and wait 30 minutes, you'll see the lookers returning. Originally Posted by KosherCowboy
Wise Man...

Thanks for the info Guys
Diablo,

I have retired and now live in Costa Rica, if you still need any info send me a PM will be glad to help you out.

Hobbie
Here is another site for your viewing pleasure!

http://www.costaricaticas.com/gallery.php?ini=66
Diablo,

I have retired and now live in Costa Rica, if you still need any info send me a PM will be glad to help you out.

Hobbie Originally Posted by hobbie
Do you have a garage apartment I can rent?

Just Kidding. But seriously, I want to go to CR, and I will PM you before I do.
Take ME!