Blue Bell ice cream

Being a native Texas gal and being from around the Brenham area,I luv luv luv Blue Bell ice cream!

Braum's is good but there is NO substitute for Blue Bell!!

When is it coming back?? Anyone spotted it yet??
  • katee
  • 09-12-2015, 09:47 AM
I thought I heard on the news last week that it was back on the market then! Or, perhaps, I heard what I wanted to hear! Love it too!
Schwans ice cream is to die for.
  • tml
  • 09-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Some Blue Bell plants have re-started production....but it may be a few more months before they get their full distribution map back up and running. And we're near the northern edge of their distribution map, so we might be one of the last areas.

Part of the reason I'm thinking of moving to Dallas (okay, not really....lol. But it IS (or will be) one of the fringe benefits if/when I decide to make the move)
LOL TML!!

I am so jonesing...guess I gotta wait till I get to Texas next weekend!!!
I am so jonesing...guess I gotta wait till I get to Texas next weekend!!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
I am familiar with that phenomenon; it's one of my motivations for running up to STL to see my daughter, as I can also get in my Imo's and Ted Drewes fixes while I'm there, too.

(I know, you think Imo's sucks, but I grew up with the stuff and therefore can say, in the words of Lewis Black, "You're... just wrong." )

Cheers,

bcg
LOL .. maybe I went to the "wrong" Imo's or on the wrong day! I went to downtown St Lou....it was paper thin with melted nacho cheese & big slices of bacon on it with some chunks of tomatoes thrown on top.

I am just partial to Papa Johns!! {but if ya like it,cool}

So I am off to Braums to get some strawberry ice cream!!!!!!!!!
LOL .. maybe I went to the "wrong" Imo's or on the wrong day! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Possibly not, though. (Quite probably not.) The thing about St. Louis style pizza (Imo's is the first, but several other places do the same style) is that if you're not a native who grew up on the stuff, it's something of an acquired taste. And a lot of non-natives never acquire the taste.

I went to downtown St Lou....it was paper thin with melted nacho cheese & big slices of bacon on it with some chunks of tomatoes thrown on top. Originally Posted by DallasRain
I'd think of it as "cracker thin"... done right it should be crispy like a cracker (though if one overdoes the toppings it can get "soggy"). Nacho cheese doesn't sound right... A proper St. Louis style pizza uses "Provel", which is kind of a "Velveeta made with provelone vice American cheese base", and a LOT of non-natives object strongly to the cheese. (Last I ordered from Imo's I did see mozzarella on the menu as a cheese option vice Provel.)

There is a "Chicago style" thin crust pizza which is very similar to St. Louis style... the Chicago style thin crust is just as thin as St. Louis style and also cut into squares (Chicagoans call it "party cut"), but there's a difference in the sauce--St. Louis style uses more oregano, I'm told--and Chicago style thin crust uses mozzarella cheese rather than Provel.

Hope you enjoyed the ice cream. Enjoy the Blue Bell when you catch up with it.

Cheers,

bcg
  • cboat
  • 09-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Schwans ice cream is to die for. Originally Posted by billyjones88
+ Schwans delivers weekly.
I prefer Yarnell's. It's an Arkansas thing.

Lemon ice box pie & blackberry cobbler are my faves.
woohoooo I am in Brenham and I just had some Blue Bell ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunshine Walmart has a sign on the freezers...Nov 2 it will be back! Hell Yeahhh!!