Liberal group attacks senators wife with racial slurs

The same people who embrace illegal immigrants are now attacking the wife of GOP Senator Mitch McConnell, Elaine Chao. Citing her ethnicity as the reason jobs are going to China the Kentucky senate race is looking to be very nasty. Ms Chao came to the US at eight years old from Taiwan. She is a naturalized American and former cabinet official. Even Ashley Judd had to disavow this racist, liberal group.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...nell-says?lite
Liberals are scum....everyday we see why.
Liberals are the most racist of them all.
I have never heard of an organization named Progress Kentucky but they have now issued two apologies. Quite frankly, I'm making an assumption they are a "liberal group." However, I don't know that to be a fact. For all I know about the organization, they might be a group designed to help with the "progression" of making everyday Kentuckians, John Birchers, against their will.

In any event, I'm not planning to give the group any of my hard-earned money. As far as I am concerned, it is now a moot point. It doesn't matter whether the group is liberal, conservative or somewhere in between they have issued an apology. Not once but twice!

It's time to clean up the spilled milk and "move on." As a disclaimer, the use of the words "move on" is not an endorsement on my part of www.moveon.org.
I'm still looking for the "racist" quote attributable to the organization.
  • WTF
  • 03-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Criticism of the group wasn't limited to McConnell and his supporters. Numerous Democratic leaders, including actress Ashley Judd, who is considering a challenge to McConnell in next year's election, spoke up, too.
"Whatever the intention, whatever the venue, whomever the person, attacks or comments on anyone's ethnicity are wrong & patently unacceptable," she wrote in a Twitter message last Sunday.
Kentucky Democratic Party Chairman Dan Logsdon said the comments were "deplorable" and "have absolutely no place" in Kentucky politics.
  • WTF
  • 03-03-2013, 09:11 AM
McConnell and his wife have faced similar slights in the past. In 2001, former state Democratic Party chairwoman Nikki Patton apologized for saying that McConnell "passed up some good Kentucky pork to chow down at the Chinese money buffet
  • WTF
  • 03-03-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm still looking for the "racist" quote attributable to the organization. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I didn't see it either but maybe somebody whispered to Mitch, "Me love you long time!"
. . . Progress Kentucky would not be apologizing if there were no such comments.

March, 1, 2013

First, Progress Kentucky apologizes again to Elaine Chao and Senator McConnell for the inappropriate tweets sent by our organization. Those tweets did not reflect our values, and we are committed to making sure nothing like that happens again.

We also apologize to our many supporters, and all Kentuckians working for change in 2014, for those communications. Comments with references to race, ethnicity or sexual orientation have no place in any debate, and we are deeply embarrassed by such a mistake. . . .

Finally, we recognize we did not handle this situation appropriately. We should have reacted quicker and stronger in rectifying the situation. We are doing that now.
http://www.progresskentucky.com/

. . . and it seems Progress Kentucky has other issues . . .

Kentucky Progress Turns Into Walking Disaster
February 27th, 2013 ·

Here’s the whoopsiedaisy moment for the faux Super PAC called “Kentucky Progress” – run by Shawn Reilly and Curt Morrison, from Politico:

Group under fire for McConnell tweets also faces FEC questions

The super PAC under fire for posting racist tweets about Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s wife failed to disclose its December fundraising numbers and received a warning notice from the Federal Election Commission.

Progress Kentucky, which was formed in December to oppose McConnell, received a letter from the FEC Feb. 19 asking for the super PAC to disclose its donors and expenditures.

-SNIP-

“The failure to timely file a complete report may result in civil money penalties, an audit or legal enforcement action,” the letter states. “The civil money penalty calculation for late reports does not include a grace period and begins on the day following the due date for the report.”

Shawn Reilly, executive director of the super PAC, told POLITICO in an email that Progress Kentucky has sent its report via regular mail since receiving the letter. In its letter, the FEC also recommended that the group send their reports via overnight delivery or courier service to avoid further delays in disclosing information.

When it rains? It pours.

Also, Karma is a real bitch.
http://pageonekentucky.com/2013/02/2...king-disaster/

Check out their libertard agenda @:

https://www.facebook.com/ProgressKentucky

From the post above:

"The super PAC under fire for posting racist tweets about Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s wife failed to disclose its December fundraising numbers and received a warning notice from the Federal Election Commission."

That's pretty common, however, especially at the state level. Kind of like getting a "late notice" from the bank.

Were they fined by the FEC? Any disciplinary action taken? Doesn't seem so.

While I don't condone their actions, the magnification of this story into a major scandal is laughable. They fucked up (by not controlling its snakepit better). They apologized. Twice. Done.

Now, it's a HUGE SCANDAL!

Naw...
The best proof is that the democrats and Judd think they have to apologize which shows that they think the charge is valid.
This is not over with this group. They may have apologized but the people responsible for this unsavory attack should be monitored to see where else they are working and any other groupls that they form. A man who tries to kill and fails miserably can't just hold out his hand and say "let's forget this whole thing ever happened." Being in politics today is all about remembering.

A little research and I found the name of the treasurer and executive leader of the group Progress Kentucky. They seem to be it. The treasurer even put his own address on the registration form. Using Bing I can see his house and his car. The rear end of his car is covered in political bumer stickers. Yes, one of those. Can't trust anyone with more than three bumper stickers on their painted paneling. Can't get enough resolution to see what they are but the colors look familiar; EXIST, GREENPEACE, WWF, etc. Wow, even basic technology is amazing.
I didn't see it either but maybe somebody whispered to Mitch, "Me love you long time!" Originally Posted by WTF
And he thought she had?

She does appear to be an attractive lady. He better win!!!
The best proof is that the democrats and Judd think they have to apologize which shows that they think the charge is valid. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
"The best proof" is posting the "racist" remark! Then "all can decide" .. not just them.
Since the tweets have been removed it becomes necessary to use what the media is volunteering. Incomplete at best.

"And what bit of Twitter ignorance prompted McConnell's ire? Back on Feb. 14, a Kentucky Progress Group volunteer newly enamored with hashtags tweeted about Chao, "This woman has the ear of @McConnellPress - she's his #wife. May explain why your job moved to #China!" Chao, just for the record, was born in Taiwan." ----from Jezebel.com

Kind of like saying that a Honduran actress is a Mexican and she is affecting policy. Incorrect and a slur. We also don't know the name of the volunteer which is very convenient.
Chao, just for the record, was born in Taiwan." Kind of like saying that a Honduran actress is a Mexican and she is affecting policy. Incorrect and a slur. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
No, actually, it's like someone calling me "American" ...

...because I was born in the "United States of America" ....

... since she was born in the "Republic of China" .....

....and a reference to her being from "China" was used.

Shakespeare .. had it right .....

"Much Ado about Nothing!"

Here. Brush up ...

http://kids.yahoo.com/reference/worl...try/tw--Taiwan