The Dark Side of Barbecue

I used to be a lover of Bill Millers. But since I started finding new local barbecue places with my foodie buddies....let's just say I can never go back! Bill Miller's has become the McDonald's of barbecue food. My favorite place currently is Smokeshack. Everything I have eaten there is a bite out of heaven. I'm currently addicted to their brisket grilled cheese and the mashed potatoes. Damn now I'm drooling.

So now I'm addicted to that place. It's so not helping my diet lol. So that's the dark side of barbecue...finding a place so freaking good that it becomes an addiction .

What other places do you suggest?
Augie's Barbed Wire BBQ. 3709 North St Marys.
You'll wonder how you ever ate Bill Miller's stuff.
Augie's Barbed Wire BBQ. 3709 North St Marys.
You'll wonder how you ever ate Bill Miller's stuff. Originally Posted by OldYeller
Oooh yes! I've been there before. Very good!
  • Mokoa
  • 12-17-2015, 10:15 PM
Although I may have mentioned them to you before, I would have you try Big Bib on Austin Highway and Lanark.

Let me know if you would like to go.
Although I may have mentioned them to you before, I would have you try Big Bib on Austin Highway and Lanark.

Let me know if you would like to go. Originally Posted by Mokoa
Big Bibs is my second favorite. They have some amazing barbecue sauce! But I would love to have a reason to go back.
Grew up on Bill Miller's and my pops barbecue. Eventually I just took over cooking barbecue make my own to my taste. Been known to make barbecue using a grate and cinder blocks when grill not available. My biggest problem is not being able to make a small amount. When I cook i usually have leftovers for a week.
B & B Smokehouse on Pleasanton Rd. on the South side has really good BBQ! Augie's is delicious too...I love their BBQ sauce. I also love County Line, their baked bread loaves are delish!
I make a drive to Lockhart for BBQ, Smitty's mmmm...
We've gone through phases and favorites over the years. Our "latest & greatest" right now is Two Bro's BBQ Market on West Ave. at Nakoma. Unbelievable flavor and char. Recently named in Texas Monthly's "Top 50 BBQ" list.
Sure everyone has their favs, Rudys brisket and chicken has to be up there for me. Along with their chopped. Coopers is pricey but damn good also. Their jalapeño sausage is great! Smokin Joes on weidner another good one. Their pulled pork and sausage sandwich fn amazing!
Definitely Black's bbq is the best
My backyard...

And another vote for Two Bros...
+1 on Two Bro's. The pork loin there is unreal. And you can't beat Kreuz or Black's in Lockhart.
  • Mokoa
  • 12-18-2015, 10:09 AM
I make a drive to Lockhart for BBQ, Smitty's mmmm... Originally Posted by levi tab
You should Black's while you are there.
BBQ Station and 2 Bros are probably best. I like Smoke Shack, but prefer their truck to the restaurant- had a crap experience there last time and won't be back.