David Bowie-RIP

RIP
So many of him to say goodbye to. A true definition of "artist."
Your kidding!
The man who fell to earth has left?

He was one of my favorites.
Holding my own private wake for him.
He was very innovative and led the way for so many to include introducing Stevie Ray Vaughn.

SF
I literally was just telling a friend on Saturday, that although I was a huge fan, I had never seen him live. Now I guess no one will again. Terrible loss.
I literally was just telling a friend on Saturday, that although I was a huge fan, I had never seen him live. Now I guess no one will again. Terrible loss. Originally Posted by nerdy123
I did go see him once at the Frank Erwin center. Glen Frey opened for him.
It was a lot of fun and at one point he had some giant sized balloons being tossed around among the audience.
One of them was a six foot sized balloon of the earth.
At one point, he grabs it, and starts pelvic thrusting against it across the stage before kicking it out to the audience.
"Is he fucking the world?" My friend asked.
"Nah! He just fucking with South Africa."
I wanted to see him also.
UGM, Stevie Ray Vaughn must have been playing that show. Sounds like the Lets Dance tour.

I've been up most of the night since hearing the news.

Even though he says he gave up music just a short time ago, the man worked to the end.

Always loved him. Check out the movie I use for my Avatar.
When I was young LABYRINTH was my favorite movie..my best friend and I would rent it every weekend :-D
I wanted to see him also.
UGM, Stevie Ray Vaughn must have been playing that show. Sounds like the Lets Dance tour.

I've been up most of the night since hearing the news.

Even though he says he gave up music just a short time ago, the man worked to the end.

Always loved him. Check out the movie I use for my Avatar. Originally Posted by Precious_b
As Maurice Chevalier once sang.
"Oh yes! I remember it well."

As the Beatles once sang.
"I heard the news today, oh boy!"
Back then I was a Young American.

A friend of mine who also went with me says it was Glenn Frey who opened. I'll never forget the saxophone playing for 'The One You Love'.
But who knows, 35 years can fade some memories.
But all of these are still treasured memories.
Jack Fm keeps playing a song of his every hour or so. Nice tribute.

RIP...
Stevie Ray Vaughan never toured with Bowie. He just recorded the Let's Dance album
RIP David Bowie!!!
His new album is bad ass, I was listening to it all weekend and super bummed to hear the news this morning. His legacy will live on through his timeless music and the multitudes of musicians and artists that he worked with over the years.
Seems he went out on his own terms.
Man, check out this picture of him a couple of days before he passed.
I can't imagine another person like him.