My heartfelt response to the "anonymous email from a former provider"

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=251503

My response is below....

Muahahahahaha!!!!!
file not found?
  • ztonk
  • 07-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the very insightful response, Elephant!

z
I am sure i will catch hell for saying this but why do guys think that if a girl quits her only other employment option is McDonalds? Lol i know they dont mean it literally... but most providers are very smart girls who do have more than a high school education. I could not see any girl leaving this industry to go to a job paying $7-$8 an hour. All the providers i know did not get into this industry because they were stupid and could not find work. I know not all guys feel this way... just wonder why some do. NOT trying to start any sh*t, just making an observation... every time i see a retirement thread, the joke about Mcdonalds soon follows.
Marley,

McDonalds just has a bad rep for low wages for entry level workers. They pay there GM's pretty well. I knew one who claimed they made 60k. Not too bad considering the average college grad makes around 36k a year.

I have always believed that if you are good at what you do regardless of occupation, the money usually follows in some way....

Sixx
I have had 3 different Careers in my adult life, been successful at all them and they are all in different fields. if you are smart and a go getter you can do anything..
All the providers i know did not get into this industry because they were stupid and could not find work. I know not all guys feel this way... just wonder why some do. NOT trying to start any sh*t, just making an observation... every time i see a retirement thread, the joke about Mcdonalds soon follows. Originally Posted by MarleyMonroe
I agree with Marley. I personally don't believe this is a laughing matter. This venomous tirade is the act of a wounded woman,not at all funny. Might consider the crap that gets written,or there might be more that break down.
Marley is spot on!
If ya think it doesn't take brains and sharp wits to handle their profession, you just ain't paying attention. It's NOT just a matter of making sex "available".
Most of them are running a small business,without benefit of the resources available to folks in other fields. There's overhead, scheduling, advertising, customer support, and in some cases tech support. All that while avoiding the bad customers, LE, nosy lookie lews, mad spouses. etc etc. No need to get nasty guys.. or uninformed. Some of the ladies are very very smart.. Not all true, but some...
file not found? Originally Posted by AustinsGurlz
Fixed!
I agree, i came from a sales manager position making over 100k, the whole company was laid off, after job searching for months and not finding anything really worth my time i came here. Still not close to what i used to make, but less work hours is nice, it has abled me to go to school and still finacially support my self. Like i said, i have never met a dumb provider. None of them have ever told me, this is my career choice. Again, lol no girl would leave this to work at McDonalds! Its just a stepping stone. A FUN one at that!
I agree, i came from a sales manager position making over 100k, the whole company was laid off, after job searching for months and not finding anything really worth my time i came here. Still not close to what i used to make, but less work hours is nice, it has abled me to go to school and still finacially support my self. Like i said, i have never met a dumb provider. None of them have ever told me, this is my career choice. Again, lol no girl would leave this to work at McDonalds! Its just a stepping stone. A FUN one at that! Originally Posted by MarleyMonroe
Marley, if you came into this from a six figure income, I would venture to guess that you are the exception to the rule. Considering the posts/emails this thread was inspired by, we can see that there are certainly providers who would not be doing this if it were not for the money and if they had any other viable choices.

Even if all the providers you've met are smart, that does not make them successful. If they lack work ethic to be able to show up to a job on time, organizational skills, c0mMun1c@t10n skills, etc.. they may not be a candidate to make 50k, much less six figures.

Nuglet mentioned that being a provider is running a small business. True. How many providers have trouble doing that? How many of them NCNS clients, are constantly late to appointments, cannot budget themselves to keep an incall or their own residence and have to run end of the month specials to make rent or pay bills?

There are certainly others who never post about such trouble, and I assume that they are doing OK or well.

Even in your case, you say you used to make six figures, then got laid off. If this line of work were to be taken away from you, it sounds like you would be settling for something much less lucrative. If others who don't have the education and/or work experience that you have are told that they could not provide anymore, what options would they have left?

I agree that it certainly wouldn't be McDonald's, but I think the mention of McDonald's is to highlight a $10-20/hr job compared to one that was $200-300/hr one.

You asked earlier why some guys think a retiring provider would not have much choice in employment. Part of it is that a provider is going into the work force with a big gap in employment history. Then we see evidence of poor TCB here - NCNS, inability to answer PMs, emails, or texts, inability to keep schedule. Add to all that, some of the unprofessional behavior we've seen. Some of the goodbye posts/emails have been comparable to a big "fuck you" email that some of my employees dream of sending when they think about their last day at work. The blow up by LauraLucks and Karlie would have been a terminable offense in most work place.

I'm not giving you the shit you anticipated, I don't recall seeing any report of you being unreliable or unprofessional - maybe that speaks for the kind of environment and behavior you're used to.
c0mMun1c@t10n skills Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
Good One!