Need to talk NERDY computer store crap...

OK so living in Atlanta spoiled me to Micro Center...
First I LOVE the employees know what they are selling and it is not over priced like BB...

Is there anything like that here in Huntsville?

I need to buy a hard drive and operating system for a laptop and if you have ever dealt with Toshiba parts ordering you may understand my frustrations...

So I am looking for other options to just go and pick up and install myself...

So I know there are total nerds here... (FYI they are what I am most attracted to) I need my mind stimulated long before Ms Kitty... At least one of you has to know the hook up in town...
I certainly understand. Toshiba, like the others, can be difficult to deal with.

This should be a fairly easy fix. Check eBay first to see if you can locate a drive with an OS installed already. You'll be able to locate a number of youtube videos to demonstrate the installation.

Good luck.
What I wanted to do was find a local comp store to go into and buy what I need... I got the install covered...
Then my apologies.
No apology needed... Sadly I am abit nerdy myself... Just need a good nerd store here local... Micro Center is a builder / gadget fantasy toy store... Kinda like the emporium is for adult sex toys...
  • Pmon
  • 01-02-2017, 03:51 PM
I quit relying on stores. I've had virtually zero problems with refurbished laptops I pick up on amazon and ebay. I spend less than 300 and get a unit that lasts me several years, then I repeat. Backing up all your stuff and moving it to a new laptop might not be practical for you, but it's worked flawlessly for me. If you go the used route, make sure you're getting a certified refurbished unit. The ones I've purchased look like they were brand new.
Well, according to the OP, she wants a store to go and buy some specific computer parts. I have never used them, but if I wanted what she describes, I would start with:

https://www.gigaparts.com/huntsville

Let us know how it works out for you, gorgeous.
OK so living in Atlanta spoiled me to Micro Center...
First I LOVE the employees know what they are selling and it is not over priced like BB...

Is there anything like that here in Huntsville?

I need to buy a hard drive and operating system for a laptop and if you have ever dealt with Toshiba parts ordering you may understand my frustrations...

So I am looking for other options to just go and pick up and install myself...

So I know there are total nerds here... (FYI they are what I am most attracted to) I need my mind stimulated long before Ms Kitty... At least one of you has to know the hook up in town... Originally Posted by heidis_pleasure
I have used Giga Parts on University Drive for years to do just what you need. They are great. They can do a rush job for a fee if you can't be w/o your computer for long.

John
Thanks I have already bought the hard drive and going to install myself... I have to say that I am grateful that my gents from the past took the time to teach me how to do things like this...