Cave swimming in Austin

Hey there, I have seen that there are a couple of "swimming holes" that are very unique and native to Austin. Was wondering if anybody has visited them before? Have heard that you need to be on a waiting list of some sort...
You mean like Jules Milano ???

if not this belongs into the Kitty Litter
I've never been to any of them including Barton Springs. I saw where Jacob's well and Hamilton pool now have by appointment only because it was getting to crowded. If you are into that sort of thing google it and make your appointment and enjoy.
moved to sand box
I recommend swimming at Barton Springs Pool.
No reservation required and it's beautiful.
Water is a bit cold (spring fed) and there are fish and plants, especially at the deep end.
It's a classic austin destination.

Also, austin laws allow you to be topless in public as long as you don't cause a disturbance. Practically, this means you have to put your top back on if anyone complains. Most weekends I see at least a couple topless women there.
I like Deep Eddy. It's not as cold as Barton Springs.
Thanks!
I swim at deep eddy a lot too, but find barton springs to be more special because of the natural stone pool and wildlife.
Deep eddy is spring fed, but it's still a concrete pool with no fish or plants.
Austin: Come for the waters, stay for the freakiness.
Which one is "closest" ?

Also, any good dog parks?
Deep Eddy and Barton Springs are both close to downtown, just a couple of miles west. Zilker Park/Barton Springs has an off leash area for dogs.
If you swim underneath the Congress bridge it's like swimming in the bat cave.
Krause Springs
Jacobs hole
Krause Springs
Jacobs hole
Deep Eddy and Barton Springs are both close to downtown, just a couple of miles west. Zilker Park/Barton Springs has an off leash area for dogs. Originally Posted by whiskeyforus
Thanks! We(my lab and I ) may check out Barton Springs on Sunday.