p411 down temporarily

Lori at p411 emailed me and told me their hosting site company's power failed and it's a holiday in Canada so the site will be down temporarily. Just thought I'd let yall know.
Thanks. I was wondering since I could not login.
Thanks I was wondering too
Thanks for letting us know.
thanks so much!
Thank you
Thanks for the update !
Any idea as to when it might be back up and going?
Thank you very much. I knew that they had a series of denial of service attacks in the past.
Of course so have I when I did not have my game on!!!
Gina said that it's a holiday in Canada today so having trouble getting hold of the hosting company, might be rest of the day .
It's been confirmed that we are dealing with a ddos attack... which is basically a shitload of bogus traffic directed at a site, with the intention of overwhelming the server and bringing the site down. We've been through this before, and we survived before.

The good news is that we pay mega-bucks for ddos protection which means we should never be down for more than a few minutes when under a ddos attack.

The bad news is that our hosting company simply locked the site down when the problem started today and left to celebrate the Canadian holiday. They won't be back in the office until tomorrow morning to help us deal with this.... so what should take a few minutes is going to take quite a bit longer.

Hang in there, we expect to be back up and running first thing tomorrow.

Always,
Gina
Edited to remove comments about timing after apparently Gina was posting at the same time
It's been confirmed that we are dealing with a ddos attack... which is basically a shitload of bogus traffic directed at a site, with the intention of overwhelming the server and bringing the site down. We've been through this before, and we survived!

Always,
Gina Originally Posted by GinaXXX
An ECCIE member keeps claiming he has done that to another site so did P411 tick him off now?
Nope. I claim responsibility for all of my attacks. Plus, no offense to Gina whatsoever, but I hit a bit too hard for your mitigation to just spring it back up.

There's a reason why the defacers and DDoSers hold me in such high regard lol.

But yeah, not me Gina.

... and if anyone has a problem with my attacks... well, that would be most UnGentlemanly!
Nope. I claim responsibility for all of my attacks. Plus, no offense to Gina whatsoever, but I hit a bit too hard for your mitigation to just spring it back up.

There's a reason why the defacers and DDoSers hold me in such high regard lol.

But yeah, not me Gina.

... and if anyone has a problem with my attacks... well, that would be most UnGentlemanly! Originally Posted by cyborg
Not just kissin' ass (well, maybe a little), but I've been a fan for a long time, sir.

Always,
Gina
Not just kissin' ass (well, maybe a little), but I've been a fan for a long time, sir.

Always,
Gina Originally Posted by GinaXXX
You've been a fan of mine? Gina, I'm not the one whose website saves literally thousands of happy lives a day. I'm not the one who stood up and gave people a safe place to pursue their hobby.

I'm not jack shit compared to you, but I am so friggin' flattered that I literally printed off that comment and am going to Hobby Lobby to get a frame for it right this second.

You just made my 2013. You let me know if there's anything, and I do mean anything I can do to help. I would never attack your most awesome site and will happily go to war if you need it.

And yes, that's a statement I'll make publicly

Love,
Cyborg