Number Crunch #2: Review Links - East vs. West

The second number crunch took 100 Eccie Reviews (Encounter Reports) and split them into which side of the metroplex the activities took place...East vs. West or D vs. FW.

Then, I looked at which of the major provider forums were referenced in the review under URL/Website to provide detailed info such as photos, contact info, etc.

Overall: Of the 100 Reviews...72 took place on the "D" side, and 28 on the "FW" side. That basic 3-to-1 ratio has been fairly consistent for a long time.

Eccie Links: Dallas reviews used Eccie more than FW. D=25% vs FW=18%. As in the combined results, Eccie holds a solid 3rd place on either side.

Leading Forums: Dallas reviews linked back to OH2 & RR 53% of the time, while FW used them 61% of the time. Both sides favored OH2 slightly over RR. Almost of a third of FW reviews lead back to OH2...probably because they have a separate FW forum. FW also uses OH2 almost twice as much as Eccie.

Other Forums: P411 holds about 11% in either market, but Listcrawler is more popular in FW...almost as popular as P411.

Websites: Independent websites are rarely used on either side...with only about 5% of the links going to them.

Next Crunch: A deeper dive into where the action is in D and FW...probably not a lot of surprises in that one. After that, will mix AGE into the crunchiness....that should be fun.
Well, I predicted incorrectly about the call backs to OH2 in the Westoplex. I’m pleased to see it, though, if it means the separate FW forum is making a difference. It sure doesn’t seem that way right now, but maybe it bodes well for the future if activity picks up just a little over there.

Thanks for continuing the number crunching. It’s been an interesting exercise!
Crunch #3: Where the action is

Rather than start a new thread...I'll just add to this one.

Dallas: Of the 72 Dallas reviews in the survey, the vast majority took place in North Dallas and in the Northern suburbs. Central Dallas/Uptown only made up 16% of the reviews...and Irving/Las Colinas, to the West had a quite a few as well.

North Dallas uses Eccie, RR & OH2 equally, while the burbs favor RR and OH2.

Fort Worth: The Wild West is all over the place...North, South, East and West...with Arlington and the Mid-Cities holding their own as well...and North Richland Hills lookin' pretty good.

Central Cowtown is all about RR & OH2...with the surrounding areas being on team OH2. Eccie has a small footprint on the South side.

Next Up: Hobby Demos by Age...
When you say “vast majority” of the Dallas reviews are in the north, what’s the percentage?

My P411 available now search filter covers all of DFW. I’d say most of the time when I check it over 50% are in north Dallas.
When you say “vast majority” of the Dallas reviews are in the north, what’s the percentage?

My P411 available now search filter covers all of DFW. I’d say most of the time when I check it over 50% are in north Dallas. Originally Posted by TinMan
North Dallas = 60% Includes Addison/Galleria

Richardson = 4%
Plano = 7%
Frisco = 1%
Where's the highest percentage of swallowing three-holers?

Asking for a friend.
Where's the highest percentage of swallowing three-holers?

Asking for a friend. Originally Posted by mtabsw