Hey ladies and gents... question about massages

Hey there. I'm trying to get some info on what guys would like to have done during massage sessions as far as modalities go. Have you ever had hot stone massage, reflexology, or trigger point therapy? Or is it always just a regular Swedish Massage?

I'm asking because I want to know if I should start offering these types of massages instead of just a basic Swedish.

Lady therapists: Please feel free to chime in what you offer in your sessions other than just regular Swedish massage.

Any info would be helpful.

Amber Rain
I can't say I've tried any of the hot stones, pimpology, or trigger happy therapy, but I love me some deep tissue massages, followed by the lady running her nails down my back, legs, and ballz. Finally, well you know.....
LOL.. ok. Sounds like you need a general body rub gal... not a licensed therapist. LMAO

SHO NUFF... like that signature tho.
Be safe babe
Amber rain
LOL.. ok. Sounds like you need a general body rub gal... not a licensed therapist. LMAO

SHO NUFF... like that signature tho.
Be safe babe
Amber rain Originally Posted by Amber Rain
Care to enlighten me on the difference? I do have lower back pain from a lot of ego weight lifting (dumb ass) and I always get back spasms if I turn a certain way. It's annoying.
Not sure how many massage connoisseurs are in the DFW area. Some massage types might set you back in terms of the initial expense as well as the prep time. Need to balance this with the folks interested in just the general body rub accompanied with the... well, the happy ending.
Care to enlighten me on the difference? I do have lower back pain from a lot of ego weight lifting (dumb ass) and I always get back spasms if I turn a certain way. It's annoying. Originally Posted by Jasser

In your initial response, it sounded like you were more intrigued with the sexualy side of a body rub rather than a therapuetic massage on the muscles. I do offer therapuetic licensed massage with a happy ending but I'm more therapuetic throughout the session with a little touching and teasing while massaging.

I do the feather touch which is what I think you were referring to with the fingernails.. but instead I use my fingertips very lightly from the feet to the forehead.

As far as your deep tissue request, I would just have to feel around on you first. Sometimes with spasms and back issues, deep tissue can be more harmful to the muscle than helpful.
Not sure how many massage connoisseurs are in the DFW area. Some massage types might set you back in terms of the initial expense as well as the prep time. Need to balance this with the folks interested in just the general body rub accompanied with the... well, the happy ending. Originally Posted by Bonferroni

I do not charge more for anything I listed above.. sometimes I prefer to do more of the Hot Stones on someone. The heat from the stones tend to loosen the fascia (the clear chicken like skin) that the muscles are attached to and makes it easier for me to work and knead out the knots that I feel.

I'm just wondering if I were to make that clear, do you think that more gentlemen would be willing to try stuff like this?

Amber Rain
Had a girl use the hot stone treatment on me. It was great but it took a little
convincing by her before I tried it. You could offer extra things with some
selling points and let them decide. Don't hard sell anything, just let them know
what else you have available, and what the benefits are.
Awesome. Thank you bojulay!!!

Amber Rain
I have had both hot stone and trigger point massage before. The hot stone therapy was really soothing and helped take away the pain and stiffness in my back and shoulders. I would definitely do that again if I got the chance. Trigger point probably helped with my sore shoulder, but I found it more painful than enjoyable.

I don't really get over to your area, since I'm in North FTW, but I'd love to try your massage sometime...
I do not charge more for anything I listed above.. sometimes I prefer to do more of the Hot Stones on someone. The heat from the stones tend to loosen the fascia (the clear chicken like skin) that the muscles are attached to and makes it easier for me to work and knead out the knots that I feel.

I'm just wondering if I were to make that clear, do you think that more gentlemen would be willing to try stuff like this?

Amber Rain Originally Posted by Amber Rain
Definitely made it clear and definitely generated an interest! Thanks! Wonder if you could fit info like that into your Showcase. That might provide more awareness beyond the traditional body rub.
Yes. I'm working on changing that now.. for the time being that I'm not full service til the first of the year. I'm concentrating on my Master's degree... but still must generate massage business since I own one here in the Dallas metroplex. So, I appreciate all of the responses and info from ya'll.

Doublebo: anytime you get over this way darlin.... love to see you. Let me know

Amber Rain
  • Go4it
  • 11-16-2011, 08:16 PM
I love a massage. Tried the hot stones and thought it was just so much hype. Didn't do diddly squat for me. Just give me a good deep tissue massage - but what I really enjoy is the extremities massage - hands (with some trigger point built in), feet, head.
Got you covered on that as well.

Amber Rain
I do enjoy a finish with hot towels after all of the "good" stuff is done