A Hillary Clinton-Barack Obama ticket to replace Joe Biden? Is it even possible?

oeb has said Hilltard will try to steal the nomination from creepy joe. i have said corn poop will try to get Obama as his VP thinking he's a ringer to get him the white house. seems like someone else thinks this evil plot might be afoot ...

A Hillary Clinton-Barack Obama ticket to replace Joe Biden? Is it even possible?

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...lace-joe-biden

By Douglas MacKinnon, opinion contributor — 05/02/20 12:00 PM EDT 3,598 The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill

Desperate times do indeed call for desperate measures. For the Democrats, a truly desperate time could come if Joe Biden is forced to withdraw from the presidential race. While the former vice president is the presumptive Democratic nominee to face off against President Trump in November, his nomination is still far from official.

Some Democrats tell me they fear that Biden’s political survival is getting more problematic with each passing day. They cite three main issues. The first is their concern that an allegation of sexual assault leveled against Biden by former staffer Tara Reade won’t go away anytime soon. If anything, it appears to be about to gain a new life.

Next, they worry that another shoe could drop regarding questions related to Biden’s son Hunter and his business dealings. Lastly, some Democrats are concerned about Biden’s age and possible cognitive issues — a concern that some also have expressed about Trump.

For those reasons, and a few more, might we envision Biden being privately talked into retiring from the race or voluntarily doing so himself? Let’s assume that happens just before or just after the party’s convention, in whatever form it is held. What would happen then?

The process is actually fairly straightforward. If Biden quits the race right before the convention, delegates would select a new nominee. If he drops out right after the convention, members of the Democratic National Committee would pick their replacement candidate.

Who might be in consideration to become the new nominee — and who would be selected as the vice presidential running mate? Several likely combinations come to mind, starting in many minds with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, but one particular, truly out-of-the-box combination stops the discussion in its tracks: Hillary Clinton as the nominee and Barack Obama as her running mate.

Now, before everyone rolls their eyes, let that sink in for a moment and do some fairly simple calculations about voters and swing states in your heads. No matter how you add it, subtract it or divide it, that math would spell trouble for the Trump campaign.

Could such a scenario come to pass? If Biden flames out and the Democrats don’t want to hand the election to Trump, they would need to do something incredibly creative in a flash.

So now the “Hope for the best, prepare for the worst” cliché comes into play. While most Democrats hope Biden can survive the scandals nipping at his viability, party leaders need to prepare for the worst — that he drops out.

Some Democrats have confessed to me that having Biden drop out, for whatever reason, might not be bad news since they aren’t convinced he can beat Trump in November, despite polls showing him in the lead at this point. And they believe (perhaps a bit wistfully, in some respects) that a Clinton-Obama ticket would be a nightmare for Trump.

The next obvious question is this: Does the Constitution allow Obama’s selection as a vice presidential running mate, given ambiguous language in the 12th and 22nd amendments?

The 12th Amendment states that no one “ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States.” The 22nd Amendment — the “not Franklin Delano Roosevelt again” amendment — states that “no person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.”

The operative word here might be “elected.” If Obama were selected as Clinton’s running mate, and she had to leave office for any reason, then Obama would succeed her. At least one constitutional expert is on record saying there is nothing to prevent such a scenario.

But why would Obama, who has endorsed Biden, ever entertain such a possibility? I can think of two reasons. One, he would be seen among liberal, Never Trumpers as the one who stepped up to save the nation. Two, there is no heavy lifting involved. Obama could move into the vice presidential residence at the Naval Observatory, considered some of the most beautiful, secure grounds in all of Washington, and do as much or as little work as he wanted. His only real task would be during the campaign, to push Hillary Clinton over the victory line.

Some of the smart money may be placed on Joe Biden not becoming the Democrats’ nominee after all. And, at least in a few minds, it may be time for plans “C” and “O,” Democrats.

Douglas MacKinnon, a political and communications consultant, was a writer in the White House for Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, and former special assistant for policy and communications at the Pentagon during the last three years of the Bush administration.
Hillary can by her way to the nomination. Barack Obama, no. Why would he even consider being VP? Michelle could but she's an angry spiteful woman.
Originally Posted by HoeHummer

why is yous laughing? wouldn't that be yous dream team? Clinton-Obama? certainly their combination would easily defeat Evil Lord Trump?

butt why would yous even care? yous have Blackie Trudeau to rule the land of Canucktards, right??

BAHHAHAAA
Originally Posted by HoeHummer

at least, this yous louse thinks this clinton/obama duo is a ridiculous idea....
oeb has said Hilltard will try to steal the nomination from creepy joe. i have said corn poop will try to get Obama as his VP thinking he's a ringer to get him the white house. seems like someone else thinks this evil plot might be afoot ...

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...lace-joe-biden

By Douglas MacKinnon, opinion contributor — 05/02/20 12:00 PM EDT 3,598 The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill

Desperate times do indeed call for desperate measures. For the Democrats, a truly desperate time could come if Joe Biden is forced to withdraw from the presidential race. While the former vice president is the presumptive Democratic nominee to face off against President Trump in November, his nomination is still far from official.

Some Democrats tell me they fear that Biden’s political survival is getting more problematic with each passing day. They cite three main issues. The first is their concern that an allegation of sexual assault leveled against Biden by former staffer Tara Reade won’t go away anytime soon. If anything, it appears to be about to gain a new life.

Next, they worry that another shoe could drop regarding questions related to Biden’s son Hunter and his business dealings. Lastly, some Democrats are concerned about Biden’s age and possible cognitive issues — a concern that some also have expressed about Trump.

For those reasons, and a few more, might we envision Biden being privately talked into retiring from the race or voluntarily doing so himself? Let’s assume that happens just before or just after the party’s convention, in whatever form it is held. What would happen then?

The process is actually fairly straightforward. If Biden quits the race right before the convention, delegates would select a new nominee. If he drops out right after the convention, members of the Democratic National Committee would pick their replacement candidate.

Who might be in consideration to become the new nominee — and who would be selected as the vice presidential running mate? Several likely combinations come to mind, starting in many minds with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, but one particular, truly out-of-the-box combination stops the discussion in its tracks: Hillary Clinton as the nominee and Barack Obama as her running mate.

Now, before everyone rolls their eyes, let that sink in for a moment and do some fairly simple calculations about voters and swing states in your heads. No matter how you add it, subtract it or divide it, that math would spell trouble for the Trump campaign.

Could such a scenario come to pass? If Biden flames out and the Democrats don’t want to hand the election to Trump, they would need to do something incredibly creative in a flash.

So now the “Hope for the best, prepare for the worst” cliché comes into play. While most Democrats hope Biden can survive the scandals nipping at his viability, party leaders need to prepare for the worst — that he drops out.

Some Democrats have confessed to me that having Biden drop out, for whatever reason, might not be bad news since they aren’t convinced he can beat Trump in November, despite polls showing him in the lead at this point. And they believe (perhaps a bit wistfully, in some respects) that a Clinton-Obama ticket would be a nightmare for Trump.

The next obvious question is this: Does the Constitution allow Obama’s selection as a vice presidential running mate, given ambiguous language in the 12th and 22nd amendments?

The 12th Amendment states that no one “ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States.” The 22nd Amendment — the “not Franklin Delano Roosevelt again” amendment — states that “no person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.”

The operative word here might be “elected.” If Obama were selected as Clinton’s running mate, and she had to leave office for any reason, then Obama would succeed her. At least one constitutional expert is on record saying there is nothing to prevent such a scenario.

But why would Obama, who has endorsed Biden, ever entertain such a possibility? I can think of two reasons. One, he would be seen among liberal, Never Trumpers as the one who stepped up to save the nation. Two, there is no heavy lifting involved. Obama could move into the vice presidential residence at the Naval Observatory, considered some of the most beautiful, secure grounds in all of Washington, and do as much or as little work as he wanted. His only real task would be during the campaign, to push Hillary Clinton over the victory line.

Some of the smart money may be placed on Joe Biden not becoming the Democrats’ nominee after all. And, at least in a few minds, it may be time for plans “C” and “O,” Democrats.

Douglas MacKinnon, a political and communications consultant, was a writer in the White House for Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, and former special assistant for policy and communications at the Pentagon during the last three years of the Bush administration. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Good post Waco. With an 8 point lead(Reuters) nationally over Trump, the Dems don't need to look else where. From the 4th paragraph of your post people think Biden and Trump have cognitive issues! So, that balances out. I will admit that sleepy Joe needs to stop the two minute zone outs in TV interviews. If he does that and selects ANYONE other than Stacy Adams to put on the ticket, he wins the popular vote and the electoral college. You can win with an overweight white woman, you can't win with an overweight and unattractive black woman. It can't be done. I am not saying it's right, that's just the way it is.
Good post Waco. With an 8 point lead(Reuters) nationally over Trump, the Dems don't need to look else where. From the 4th paragraph of your post people think Biden and Trump have cognitive issues! So, that balances out. I will admit that sleepy Joe needs to stop the two minute zone outs in TV interviews. If he does that and selects ANYONE other than Stacy Adams to put on the ticket, he wins the popular vote and the electoral college. You can win with overweight an white woman, you can't win with an overweight and unattractive black woman. It can't be done. I am not saying it's right, that's just the way it is. Originally Posted by adav8s28

nothing like a good fiction to bring out the desperate. which yous are. wait and see what the "polls" show after drooling joe gets his ass handed to him by Trump in a debate.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA
nothing like a good fiction to being out the desperate. which yous are. wait and see what the "polls" show after drooling joe gets his ass handed to him by Trump in a debate.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Biden already has the democratic base and the labor unions. The debates and MSNBC have one thing in common, Hardly anybody watches either one. If debate skills were a factor, Senator Warren would have the most delegates. Warren was the best at debating for the dems, but that does not translate into votes. If sleepy Joe picks ANYONE other than Adams he wins. It won't even be close.
Biden already has the democratic base and the labor unions. The debates and MSNBC have one thing in common, Hardly anybody watches either one. If debate skills were a factor, Senator Warren would have the most delegates. Warren was the best at debating for the dems, but that does not translate into votes. If sleepy Joe picks ANYONE other than Adams he wins. It won't even be close. Originally Posted by adav8s28

if debate skills weren't a factor then why didn't Hillary win? oh that's right everyone was watching and Trump wiped the floor with that cunt.

here's an idea. the Dems should refuse to debate Trump. that way mumbling stumble bum Biden won't look like the senile idiot he is.

BAHAHAAAAA
if debate skills weren't a factor then why didn't Hillary win? .

BAHAHAAAAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
HRC had two problems that would not go away, the issue with classified emails on her personal computer and BEN-ghazi. Trump got lucky to win 3 states (Wisc,Penn,Mich) by 70,000 votes that Obama had won twice. That will not happen in the next election, as long as Biden stays away from Stacy Adams. If Trump loses Florida, the election will be over before 9:00 PM (EST).
HRC had two problems that would not go away, the issue with classified emails on her personal computer and BEN-ghazi. Trump got lucky to win 3 states (Wisc,Penn,Mich) by 70,000 votes that Obama had won twice. That will not happen in the next election, as long as Biden stays away from Stacy Adams. If Trump loses Florida, the election will be over before 9:00 PM (EST). Originally Posted by adav8s28

that's what the libtard news said. by 11 pm Trump had an insurmountable lead. Hillary cried and threw champagne bottles into innocent TV's. she jilted her supporters (because she was so drunk she couldn't stand up) so Johnny Pedophile podesta went out and told the brave little snowflakes to go home and pray for a miracle that didn't happen.

tell me if you've seen this before ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoi_Ar2KDwo

even Dennis Miller knows Biden is afraid to debate Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lOAuIUxcT4

BAHHAHAAAA
Biden already has the democratic base and the labor unions. Originally Posted by adav8s28
And you know this how?
...With an 8 point lead(Reuters) nationally over Trump, the Dems don't need to look else where. ... Originally Posted by adav8s28
The Demonicrats have no choice but to give the boot to old Hairy Legs. He's poison. They know it. So they will keep floating trial balloons for a couple months to get their minions use to the idea before making the switcheroo.

Rev Al might deserve a composure award for not loosing it with Word Salad Joe
Everyone who, in fact, gets— is found to have the, uh, the, uh, the COVID, uh, 19 virus...

Look, uh, I, I, I just, if, if— if we hadn’t had the circumstances that occurred last election, we’d have a woman president now, I’d be out campaigning for the reelection of Hillary Clinton.

Yeah, he's f'd in the head.
“The pandemic is that the president has no intercourse whatsoever with the rest of the count— uh, the world,” he said.
Earlier this week, he said halted global travel will stifle “economic intercourse.”
The Demonicrats have no choice but to give the boot to old Hairy Legs. He's poison. They know it. So they will keep floating trial balloons for a couple months to get their minions use to the idea before making the switcheroo.

Rev Al might deserve a composure award for not loosing it with Word Salad Joe
Everyone who, in fact, gets— is found to have the, uh, the, uh, the COVID, uh, 19 virus...

Look, uh, I, I, I just, if, if— if we hadn’t had the circumstances that occurred last election, we’d have a woman president now, I’d be out campaigning for the reelection of Hillary Clinton.

Yeah, he's f'd in the head.
“The pandemic is that the president has no intercourse whatsoever with the rest of the count— uh, the world,” he said.
Earlier this week, he said halted global travel will stifle “economic intercourse.” Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Did he tell the doctors to give CV19 patients a disinfectant to clear the virus? :y ikes:

Did he tell the doctors to give CV19 patients a disinfectant to clear the virus? :y ikes:

Originally Posted by adav8s28

No. now go to sleep and thank Lord Trump for your life. you serve the Lord Emperor and you will bow to his Regal Majesty. or else.

BAHHAAAHHAHAAAAAA