Andy Rooney passed way....

he was one of my fav people of all time..i will miss him..RIP buddy!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/us...ead-at-92.html
he will be missed
  • Quail
  • 11-05-2011, 12:46 PM
he was one of my fav people of all time..i will miss him..RIP buddy!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/us...ead-at-92.html Originally Posted by anita germane

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Rooney many years ago. He attended the same military high school as I did ( many, many years before I did ) and he grew up in Albany. He and his family still have a home in a small mountain community about 30 minutes outside of Albany.

I enjoyed watching him on 60 Minutes every week and even though I may not have always agreed with his views, I liked his straight forward way of presenting it. I very much respected the man.
  • MC
  • 11-05-2011, 01:01 PM
R.I.P.
My favorite Andy Rooney quote:

“It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone.”
he will be missed he was very funny on 6o minutes too bad he recentlty retired from that show
Shows what happens when you retire. The definitive 'lovable curmudgeon'! Sort of like OSD (don't ever retire buddy).
such a charming man! RIP!
Lovable - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster ...

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lovableCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
He has a bad temper, but he's still lovable.

Curmudgeon - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster ...

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/curmudgeonCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man.

Hay I'm not the oldest guy here. I'm 50 something. I'm just crusty and ill-tempered beyond me years. AC will close before I become the guy, cane in one hand, Oxygen tank in the other. Talking to a older guy in a wheelchair at the bar.

edit: lovable, Ha!! now who else could that be.

I plan to die in the rack with a provider. And have provider pallbearers. So no going to the hotel till I'm in the ground. please! after that have at'em