World Cup!!!

I don't know why it hasn't come up sooner, but there has been no mention of the World Cup starting tomorrow. I'd like to hear the team you're rooting for and if there a good pub to watch the games. Saturday is the first US match against England...and a rowdy crowd would only add to the fun. Any suggestions???
Great idea! I am absolutely planning on watching the opening match tomorrow! The US-England match I might have to miss... England is my team... Sorry! Wouldn't want to get lynched...
I hope the US a least makes it to the next group......should be a better game than expected....England is full of injuries.......be nice to see South Africa or Camaroon advance too.........my guess for the final.....Italy and Netherlands......Italy 2-1
The US and England are pretty depleted due to injuries. As a big Premiership League follower, the top players are not English anymore.

I really think Spain is the team to beat, while Brazil is always a favorite.

Now I just to locate a pub and settle in for a pint or 50...
I changed my avatar last week in honor of the WC. I suspect you can tell whom I'm rooting for.
They don't have much of a chance, but I am hoping that South Africa puts on a good show. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's match (South Africa vs Mexico). I will be sneaking off from work to watch that one for sure...
great avatar shack!
Good to know there are soccer fans here. For another point of view.....

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nat...ferable,17553/

Beach
  • harry
  • 06-10-2010, 07:16 PM
The US and England are pretty depleted due to injuries. As a big Premiership League follower, the top players are not English anymore.

I really think Spain is the team to beat, while Brazil is always a favorite.

Now I just to locate a pub and settle in for a pint or 50... Originally Posted by NeedingMore
The Londoner Pub in Addison is probably just the place your looking for.
I always see (hear actually ) lots of Brit and Irish expats there.
There will be a big crowd there for the game Saturday.

http://www.londoneraddison.com/
The Londoner Pub in Addison is probably just the place your looking for.
I always see (hear actually ) lots of Brit and Irish expats there.
There will be a big crowd there for the game Saturday.

http://www.londoneraddison.com/ Originally Posted by harry
Good suggestion! I may just do that...
Go USA...then Spain and then Netherlands.. I hate Italy...pussies. I just want the South American teams to play well so no one gets "whacked".
the Londoner is a great pub! i'll be there for the US-England match on saturday. and maybe a pint or 3 or 4 of Guinness. mmmmmmm.......

JPdM
You also can try Cool River and Champs at Las Colinas.... They promise A GOOD Bloody Mary BAR................mmmmmmmmmmm mmmm........
mexico tied i wanted them to win
Did you watch the game? Bet that goal they were probably robbed of in the first half pissed you off...