In a theatre near you...

As my summer passes I've been spending much of my time at the movies. This week alone I've seen:
Winter's Bones - A
Date Night - B
Knight and Day - C+
Eclipse - A+

I'm now off to see The Last Airbender (a bit apprehensive because I'm not a big fan of M. Shayamalan's endings. He always draws me in and then leaves me feeling... Blah). Then I'm going to see Solitary Man (Angelika).

So what are you guys seeing this summer and how do you rate them?
I'm also going to watch The Last Airbender. I know what you mean about M. Shayamalan's stupid endings. The previews look interesting, but you never know.

My daughter wants to go see Eclipse, but I refuse to sit through that garbage (no offense). Werewolves that look as real as Heidi Montag's face and vampires with glitter on their body....no thanks!

I think I will see Predators when it comes out, but other than that, nothing else catches my attention at the moment.
I saw Eclipse lastnight,and I am sorry, but Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse are the best Love story ever! Mainly because it's a fantasy and we all know that Love is as well

I give it an A+

I plan on seeing The Last Airbender as soon as I get the chance. I saw previews lastnight of a movie called Charlie StCloud. It's looks interesting. Also want to see The Runaways!!!
Saw Toy Story 3. I'm here to say that Jessie the Cowgirl is FINE. Brings out the Woody in me.

Thanks for the list, B.S.T. I'm going to try and catch Winter Bones this weekend. Heard it's great.
Winter's Bone: A- (depressing as hell and chilling to the bone)

Get Him To The Greek: C (silly movie and simply average)

I heard The Last Airbender sucks great big monkey balls.
Reese I'm right there with you on the Twilight saga. Twilight was a bit slow for me. New Moon was better. Eclipse... I was just floored at how they got it right.

I began reading the books three years ago and also read Stephanie Meyers 'The Host', a sci-fi geared towards adults. Now I hope they make a movie for that. Hell I waited for hours at her book signing with that one.

Okay...so

The Last Airbender - D-
--would be an F but graphics and storyline was good.

Winter's Bones... If you're looking for something action packed, comedic or light and airy then skip it!
Instead, it's more of a suffocatingly dark, suspenseful movie that starts off slow, but continues to draw you in. In the end, I identified with the burden of the protagonist, and even found myself trying to continue her life journey without the script. And yes, it could be described as depressing.

Get Him to the Greek - B
-- It's funny, but not on the same level with Hangover.
Grown Ups - B
Nice storyline. Funny, but I expected it to be funnier.
The Last Airbender - D-
--would be an F but graphics and storyline was good. Originally Posted by blackspanishteacher
Why only a D-? What didn't you like about it?
If you really want to see Airbender, check out the TV show (now all on Netflix). The show is amazing, don't let it being a Nick Cartoon fool you.
Eclipse an A???? I haven't seen it yet (nor the last one) but I don't have high hopes for it. I saw the first one and I would give it a D.

From what I have seen this summer (so far)

Iron Man 2 - B+
Robin Hood - C
Splice - B-
A-Team - B-
Grown Ups - C-

Does anyone else think this current crop of summer movies are sub par? Maybe it's just bad scripts from the writers strike a couple of years back.

Movies coming up that look good -

Predators (sorry, I am a sucker for Predators)
Inception (I like what Nolan did with Batman so I will give this a shot)
Salt
Dinner for Schmucks
The Expendables (IT'S GOT EVERYBODY EXCEPT CHUCK NORRIS)
Scott Pilgrim Vs the World (from the guy that brought you Shaun of the Dead)
I haven't had time to go to the movies but I still want to see

Iron ManII
The A-Team
Grown Ups
Splice
The Karate Kid

The Expendables (I love action and first movie for arnold and sly)

Isn't Predators a spin off type of AVP?
Ohh I completely forgot about these two... Thanks for mentioning them:

Splice- C+
Karate Kid A+

Now...

Solitary Man- A+
--- I thought about the hobby a lot while viewing this.

As far as the Twilight saga goes, if you were a fan of the books then for the most part, you'll enjoy the movies.

Now the first movie Twilight, would have left anyone who hadn't read the book a bit empty. Much of of was base on Bella's internal thoughts and emotions that weren't completely portrayed on screen.

Sort of the same with the beginning of New Moon. For me it dragged in the beginning but picked up.

Elcipse held my attention and I wasn't disappointed, at all.

Besides all of this is just opinion. I nearly walked out of Hitman and G.I. Joe, but some bloke I went with thought they were the best, lmao.

@ Jasser...

The Last Airbender could've been a great film, however it lacked proper directing and casting.

Imagine watching Avatar (the movie, not the main character of his film) with mediocre acting and poor directing. It would not have become the blockbuster it is. The storyline is simply amazing, very imaginative and easy to follow.

The Airbender's graphics were great. Although I am a bit tired of everything being put in 3D. There is the option to ot view the 3D version, but I always feel that if I don't, I'll miss out on something. Go figure.

With the proper execution, it could've been extraordinary.
Again, just my opinion. I heard people saying as they left,"Wow, that was awesome!" I just smiled and sighed.

Iron Man 2 - B+ Originally Posted by Captain Caveman
I just watched a good bootleg of that movie, and I didn't realized how good that movie can be when your mind is expanded. You notice how layered the story lines are, but still that ending still sucked. The last battle with Whiplash could have been much better. .. The A-Team and Knight and Day on the other hand was a waste of my $4.00. Pure garbage.
Well I gave in and took my daughter to see Eclipse. Wow, I wish had those 2+ hours of my life back. IMO, nothing really changed from the previous ones. Bella is still annoying, along with the rest of the cast. The fight scenes were short and kept at a minimum. It was mainly a bunch of kissing, Edward trying to talk Bella out of turning into a giltter-happy vamp, and Jacob still being a hater.

I just got back from seeing Airbender, and I see what you are talking about BST. It was a good movie, good storyline, great graphics, but the acting and directing was a little off. Anyhow, it was much more entertaining than Eclipse. I guess Eclipse is too much of a chic flick for me to like. The Underworld series was much better, imo.
So I went to see 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' at the Magnolia yesterday with the anticipation of the sequel, which came out today.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo- A- (maybe 8 out of 10, yes I know that is a B, but...)
--- The plot was just amazing; definitely a cliff-hanger. Literally, I sat on the edge of my seat with anticipation of what would come next.
--One of the downfalls is that they tried to tell two stories in one. While the title has the audience subconsciously diverting their thoughts toward her, the main story overshadows it. The title does not suite the film.
--The other is that I expected a bit more from the ending (which I will not give away.

Sequel:
The Girl who Played with Fire- B-
---Again the plot was nice. (Not as great as the prequel, but not bad)
--Here they go again with the title, although this movie did focus a bit more on the girl.
--The other disappointment...yet again the ending.

++++ For the gentleman, there was a very hot girl/girl scene not too far into the movie that even had my nipples becoming erect!

I just got back from seeing Airbender, and I see what you are talking about BST. It was a good movie, good storyline, great graphics, but the acting and directing was a little off. Anyhow, it was much more entertaining than Eclipse. I guess Eclipse is too much of a chic flick for me to like. The Underworld series was much better, imo. Originally Posted by Jasser

I agree. I can also respect you not being in favor of the Twilight Saga.
Underworld was ok. I watch them when they are on a TBS weekend or something. However, the last one, 'The Rise of the Lycans' was my favorite.