How To ?

Is it possible to use a gif as a avatar ?

If so how ?

Thank you
  • Mokoa
  • 05-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Yes, you may use a GIF file as your avatar. The maximum size of each image within it is 150 by 150 pixels and the total size of the file cannot exceed 97.7 KB. You would upload it as you would any image using the Edit Avatar link on the left of your User CP page.
  • YoHou
  • 05-09-2015, 11:25 AM
while 150x150 is the max, don't always use that because it might not work. Had a few guys here who used that size and it would not animate; changed it to 149 and it worked fine. If you can post the gif you want, I can resize it for you.
That is very nice of you. Thank you. I will post the gif in this thread as soon as i get to my desk top pc sometime this afternoon. Thank you very much.
This is the one if you would re size it for me . Thank You

This one would be cool to . Which one do you like better?

• YoHou
  • 05-09-2015, 01:00 PM
That first one is too long of a duration so it cannot be downsized without degrading the gif quality

That first one is too long of a duration so it cannot be downsized without degrading the gif quality

Originally Posted by YoHou

Thank you sir .

Thank you very much . Not just for the gif.

But for being a nice guy . I owe you one .

Thanks again .
  • YoHou
  • 05-09-2015, 05:09 PM
you owe me nothing, but if you still feel obligated then pay it forward by helping someone else.
Always do sir .

Thank you .
  • Mokoa
  • 05-09-2015, 06:41 PM
while 150x150 is the max, don't always use that because it might not work. Had a few guys here who used that size and it would not animate; changed it to 149 and it worked fine. If you can post the gif you want, I can resize it for you. Originally Posted by YoHou
You did see the other stipulation in my post...

Yes, you may use a GIF file as your avatar. The maximum size of each image within it is 150 by 150 pixels and the total size of the file cannot exceed 97.7 KB. You would upload it as you would any image using the Edit Avatar link on the left of your User CP page. Originally Posted by Mokoa
Right?

Anyway, I am glad to read you all got it worked out.
Thank you for your help also sir .