in search of attorney in the Killeen or Austin

Looking to trade services. More info when contacted.
Thanks
Thanks Originally Posted by Ghoulia Devine
I'm going to give you some unsolicited advice.

Don't do it. Work 24/7 for a month if you have to...borrow from someone, but don't trade for legal services. Pay for them.

Bad bad idea...
Thanks Originally Posted by Ghoulia Devine
More unsolicited advice: specify the area of law which you need. Law has many specialties. Family and criminal law are the ones most often mentioned here, but there are others.
Also true...usually chicks don't want to trade sex for a guy filing her patent application.

Criminal
I'm a little late reading this thread because I've been working my ass off keeping baby murderers and nun rapists on the street to wreak mayhem on you all.

I'm with LilMynx69: A provider should never trade services with an attorney. I've written on this topic many times before. Mixing pussy and legal representation is a recipe for disaster. I've heard a number of horror stories over the years from providers who got fucked then got fucked in trading services with a lawyer. Most of the stories involve the lawyer not appearing in court and the provider getting arrested on a warrant -- in other words, the lawyer made the problem worse.

Every prudent provider and hobbyist should set aside some money -- at least $500 -- in the event they have an unfortunate encounter with LE. I'm not saying $500 will be enough to take care of the entire problem, but it's a start.

If you're a provider and you can't set aside $500, you're in the wrong fucking business. Go flip burgers or something -- it'll reduce your risk of criminal entanglements.
It is against the Texas Rules of Professional Conduct for a lawyer to accept what are colloquially known as "couch fees". A lawyer may be subject to discipline, suspension or disbarment for accepting such a proposition.
It is against the Texas Rules of Professional Conduct for a lawyer to accept what are colloquially known as "couch fees". A lawyer may be subject to discipline, suspension or disbarment for accepting such a proposition. Originally Posted by rob9087
No, I don't think that's correct. The membership of the State Bar of Texas voted down the proposed rule in 2011 72% to 23%.

The Bar's webpage states: "Texas is one of the few jurisdictions that does not have a rule that specifically addresses lawyer-client sexual relations."

btw, it's called the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct, not the Texas Rules of Professional Conduct.

Are you a lawyer? If not, it is perhaps imprudent for you to render opinions regarding the law. You may well be wrong, as here.
It is against the Texas Rules of Professional Conduct for a lawyer to accept what are colloquially known as "couch fees". A lawyer may be subject to discipline, suspension or disbarment for accepting such a proposition. Originally Posted by rob9087
BEWARE!

Google, while a great starting place for research, does not replace three tears of law school.

I dare say that every Texas lawyer I know remembers this vote. And as much as those who like to lawyer bash will claim this is just an example of unscrupulous attorneys taking advantage of clients. That's simply not the case. It was widely seen as an invasion of privacy and a personal freedom issue. There are existing law that protect clients from bad attorneys. Stay out of the bedroom.
  • LNK
  • 03-02-2014, 10:52 AM
BEWARE!

Google, while a great starting place for research, does not replace three tears of law school.

I dare say that every Texas lawyer I know remembers this vote. And as much as those who like to lawyer bash will claim this is just an example of unscrupulous attorneys taking advantage of clients. That's simply not the case. It was widely seen as an invasion of privacy and a personal freedom issue. There are existing law that protect clients from bad attorneys. Stay out of the bedroom. Originally Posted by LilMynx69
Was that slip unconscious, or not? LOL
Was that slip unconscious, or not? LOL Originally Posted by LNK
That's rather funny! I'll leave it at that....lol
No, I don't think that's correct. The membership of the State Bar of Texas voted down the proposed rule in 2011 72% to 23%.

The Bar's webpage states: "Texas is one of the few jurisdictions that does not have a rule that specifically addresses lawyer-client sexual relations."

btw, it's called the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct, not the Texas Rules of Professional Conduct.

Are you a lawyer? If not, it is perhaps imprudent for you to render opinions regarding the law. You may well be wrong, as here. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
Yes, I am a lawyer...Although Texas has not formally adopted the model rule dealing directly with this topic, as you pointed out, I would still posit that sleeping without your client in lieu of, or in exchange for a fee is a terrible idea that can get you in trouble and potentially subject you to a grievance, or worse.

I certainly do not present myself as an expert when it comes to professional ethics--although I aced the MPRE (). I recall my PR prof telling us this: "if you only take two things away from this class, they should be 1) don't sleep with your clients; and 2) don't steal their money."

I would concur on the "three tears" of law school comment above. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and the pot of gold at the rainbow is not what it once was. The job market for new lawyers becomes increasingly hostile and barren with each passing year.

-Rob
... three tears of law school... Originally Posted by LilMynx69
Is that 'tears' like crying or 'tears' like rips? I didn't shed any tears in law school, but my profs tore me a few new poop-chutes. Haha.

btw, this is the old adage about law school:

The first year, they scare you to death.
The second year, they work you to death.
And the third year, they bore you to death.

Looking back, it wasn't worth it. I could be like other people and be on Eccie rendering legal opinions because I watched a few episodes of 'Law and Order.'
Is that 'tears' like crying or 'tears' like rips? I didn't shed any tears in law school, but my profs tore me a few new poop-chutes. Haha.

btw, this is the old adage about law school:

The first year, they scare you to death.
The second year, they work you to death.
And the third year, they bore you to death.

Looking back, it wasn't worth it. I could be like other people and be on Eccie rendering legal opinions because I watched a few episodes of 'Law and Order.' Originally Posted by ShysterJon
I learned more from Law & Order than from Crim Pro.