St. Patricks Day - oh...what fun!

The best place to be to celebrate St. Patties Day.....is:

Greenville Ave Parade !!

The MOST fun!

Does anyone else have suggestions?

xxoo
Torre
Chicago?
I am Irish so I love St. Patrick's Day. I will be going to the parade on Lower Grenville to see the and then off too the Toadies concert.
Tara's plan is perfect. I went to the St. Pat's Parade in New York last year, and the one in Dallas is twice as much fun. The best day of the year in Dallas, IMO.
Watch out on Greenville. Unlike in years past, DPD is going to be writing tickets for open containers, no warnings, no questions asked. It's a $180 fine.
Hey TT, I lived in NY for 35 years and can tell you it's not the parade in NY that is the fun. You have to know where all the Irish bars are... .
Tara, I will show you my dark secrets behind the boat house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkwD5rQ-_d4

Saw them in 2001 in Los Angeles. A vert fun band. Stay sober during the parade to make it to the concert!!!

That parade always cost me money. Park, drink a ton cab home. Wake up, cab back to car. Reach into wallet and examine receipts....Fuck. Did I really spend that much? Why does my head hurt so bad. Where is my cell phone.
New Orleans!!!!!!!!
they throw everything you need to make Irish stew....plus moonpies!!!
New Orleans!!!!!!!!
they throw everything you need to make Irish stew....plus moonpies!!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
New Orleans is like a mini Mardi Gras on St Patty's Day! They have multiple parades. I remember celebrating at O'Flaherty's Irish Channel Pub a few years ago. It was a great, authentic Irish Pub that unfortunately closed down after Katrina.

St. Patrick's Day in Dallas is about as close as this city will ever get in comparison to New Orleans as a fun party city. Hopefully the cops won't be harassing too many party goers this year. I read that as long as people are discrete then the police won't write tickets for open containers.