Kudos to Linn County, Cedar Rapids and Marion Iowa Law Enforcement

I know what you're thinking: What?!? Seriously! You're giving Kudos to Law Enforcement? Yes. I am. For their bust of 37 people over a three day period last week.

I know we all look over our shoulders, peek around corners and take every precaution possible not to get caught or arrest in this hobby. However, sometimes you need to recognize and give a Kudos when you feel it's deserved. In this case, I heard something and respect what they did.

So, here in an open forum, I give Kudos to the Linn County Law Enforcement.

I met with one of the girls who was arrested and talked to her about what happened. She cried. She was scared, embarrassed, humiliated and worried what people would think of her in the future seeing a prostitution charge on her record. We talked for hours. Yes, people. We talked.

One thing she told me that had me floored was that during her arrest the Linn County LE asked her what they could do to help her. What could they do to get her out of this job, back on her feet and back into society.

Did she need vocational training, financial assistance, psychological help, ect. I have known many people who had been arrested, myself included, and never heard this before. So, that is why I say Kudos!!!

I have often gone to meet a girl to do nothing more than talk. Truly people: talk. These girls have a story behind them. Many of them are victims themselves with no way out, no foreseeable future and even though they see people they are extremely lonely.

I have heard stories that will seriously bring a tear to the eyes of the most hardened of us. One explained to me when she was 14 she was beaten and gained raped by three men for 2 days. That day to this she has only known a life of prostitution, slavery and servitude. Another told me about her BF beating her when she was 16 so serverly she spent months in the hospital, longer in rehab and even longer receiving psych help her issues after that trauma. Not being able to answer the phone, couldn't leave the house and so on. A couple of years later when she was finally able to partially function in the real world she had no HS Dipl (as she never finished HS after the beating), she was a mother now with a baby and no father around for her child and a mountain of debt. The only life she saw was on her back to provide for her child.

Their stories go on and on like this. I know what you're thinking, "Well, the girls I see don't have any issues like this." You'd be surprised. Try paying for a session and just talking to them . You may learn something.

A few months ago I read a review of someone and couldn't finish it. I read how this provider loves her job. She's wild. A must see. What this client didn't know is I know this session. I know what happened afterwards. On this day she only saw one client. I know this because it was her first client of the day. After it was over she called me in tears asking if I could come over and help her feel safe.

I came over, knocked on the door and waited. It quickly opened an inch or so. I came in and heard the water in the tub. I walked in to the bathroom to see her crying, snot bubble about her face and scrubbing her skin so hard with her luffa she was beat red from her neck to her toes. I spent the rest of the day with her. I know what she felt that day. I know her story and what she's been through. Yet that review told a different story. It talked of her "character" she portrays for her audience. Not the woman or person behind the character. Someone they will never know.

So, when I heard Linn County offer to help this girl...good for them. I'm proud to say I live in a state and county where LE is not only looking to stop trafficking but help those who need it above the age of 18.

Speaking of trafficking. We, the clients, drive this practice. It's one I hate. Children deserve to be children. When you go to the store for a pack of smoke you're carded. When you go to the store to buy alcohol you're carded. When I see someone who looks young, I card them. Yes, I card them.

Usually they think it's a joke and laugh. But I explain I really do wish to see their ID. They can put their thumb over the name and address if they want. I just want to see the pic and DOB. Surprisingly, I have only had one refuse to do this for me. I left and called Crimestoppers on that one. You may not like hearing that. But, if it were my 15, 16, 17 year old daughter in a hotel room with some strange man you better believe I would want someone to pick the phone up.

Anyhow, I've taken enough of your time. I just ad to say Kudos for offering to help those in need.

They started in Iowa City/Coralville. Then Cedar Rapids. Is Waterloo next on their list?
It makes one wonder how many ladies would take advantage of that program.
How many take advantage now who are less deserving?
This is a cautionary warning for all of us hobbyists. Over in Europe, I've heard the new way of combating "illegal" prostitution (for the most part prostitution is legal in some form or fashion but there are some places or forms that are illegal). The tactic is to prosecute the client and not prosecute the provider. The argument is that the provider is a victim. The approach is to attack the demand side instead of the supply side. For the most part here in the US, the emphasis is usually on attacking the supply side and considering the demand side to be a bonus. However, that paradigm is shifting. As liberal feminists get more involved in policy making, they are going to push for enforcement against the client while treating the provider as the victim. All the more reason to really consider who you vote for even at the local level. You can always count on a the conservative to be more proactive against the supply side and look the other way at the demand part of the equation.