Anyone know of any legit, knowledgeable mechanics?

Hey all! Recently my vehicle had an issue: it's a push start. Ya know- hold the brake down & push the button. Lol.. All lights come on, radio works & all. I was told that it could have been the starter, so I bought a brand new starter had it put in, and it still did not turn on. So then O'Reilly's said that the battery wasn't good, so I purchased a brand new battery and it still does not work. Not to mention I recently took it to O'Reilly's and had them hook it up to a diagnostic machine and nothing came up, no issues. Even when the start button is pushed- it makes no sound, not even trying to turn over. I had a new remote made & set a few months ago- as i was told that could be it..

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate them & you!

-CAM
I'm surprised no one there mentioned the alternator. Battery and alternator problems pretty much mimic each other, however, if my memory serves me correctly, if the alternator is the problem, it makes a ticking noise when you are trying to turn the engine on, but I'm not sure how that works with a push start.
Also, the Goodyear on Fannin downtown is amazing. Those guys are so honest and quick. It's really the only place I take my car.
Buy a new car..............

Lol...!!

Danny’s Auto Service. On Chimney Rock just north of Westheimer.
I have AAA. And my policy covers Towing up to a hundred miles. However since I just signed up they said it takes at least a week for my policy to set in so at the moment they only tow up to seven miles. And they said that if I wanted to get it towed from where it is to the dealership it was going to cost 170 extra dollars
Scott's Auto Repair is really good
Its on Braesvalley.. So, if anyone knows of any places in that area let me know. And thank you all for your suggestions.
I'm surprised no one there mentioned the alternator. Battery and alternator problems pretty much mimic each other, however, if my memory serves me correctly, if the alternator is the problem, it makes a ticking noise when you are trying to turn the engine on, but I'm not sure how that works with a push start. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
I didn't think about that.. But, if it was an alternator, would all the electrical & radio still work?
The purpose of the alternator is to charge the battery. It's probably going to be the button itself or a relay or the starter solenoid. My money is on the relay.
In my expedience as a mechanic, generally speaking, the problem was almost always the nut behind the wheel. Have you checked that yet?
You can always have the mechanic go to the check the car out himself, I now a few that won't charge an arm and a leg.
Know*
So let me ask this question if I got a brand new battery would I still need to reset the key