Sex trafficking

I saw a documentary on sec trafficking yesterday's on Fuse and although it was more centered on problems in Mexico and Europe, it got me wondering does sex trafficking exist in Austin? I am interested in see if any of know of providers that are victims. No names please
I always assume the Asian providers are, but who knows.
Yes, it's becoming a bigger and bigger issue here in Austin. I believe that it's either Dallas or Houston that is the second biggest hub for those women to be "trained" after get "shipped" from Hawaii. As Austin grows so does that industry. If you know what to look at all the evidence staring you in face.
As a general rule of thumb, ladies who are pimped are, by definition, trafficked. Now, I'm not talking a lady who works for an agency by choice.. but I'm talking about a lady who gives all her money to daddy and is likely not "free to go" of her on volition.
To me though there is a big difference between the "pimped" ones and trafficking ones. If a person had come in from another country that to me is trafficking. The "pimped" ones are Americans that generally (not all) have an addiction of some sort. That's the difference in my mind.
yes, it is an issue here in Texas. It has always been this way. I wish they could do more to stop it.

Look we all know LE is on Eccie and all these other sites too. They do NOT care if Patty Provider is blowing Johnny John at The Hampton Inn. As long as she is not a minor or being trafficked or selling drugs. Also Streetwalkers,they do not like those either.

I have asked all my cop buddies over the years and all of them have said the above.
To me though there is a big difference between the "pimped" ones and trafficking ones. If a person had come in from another country that to me is trafficking. The "pimped" ones are Americans that generally (not all) have an addiction of some sort. That's the difference in my mind. Originally Posted by FirePhoenix
So.. if someone underage is forced into the life, that isn't trafficking to you unless they are foreign?
One time I saw a provider in an apartment. In her broken English after I asked how she liked austin she tells me she never leaves the apartment. How many spas have rooms where the women sleep, how many are here on expired visitor visas and can't leave the US if they ever want to come back. There is overt and covert trafficking every where in various forms.
  • Loxly
  • 01-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Sex Trafficking, whether foreign or domestic, is a form of slavery regardless of the person's age.
When it comes to certain ages in my mind I call it something very different. That to me is a type of slavery. Certain age groups don't know their rights are. Many have been taught to fear all adults. Even foreign adults know that in America you have certain rights and freedoms and that knowledge is often the reason why they were lured into the trap in the first place. With the younger age group they have no knowledge,probably sold,and truly ignorant of what they can do to get out of such a situation. So I consider that to be slavery. Again this is just my thoughts and opinions on how I define such issues. The more people lump these issues together it makes it a less glaring problems and people can ignore it. When you start putting each into thier own category the issue takes on a very true reality that's in your face.
How's Nancy these days?