Update regarding my Houston Visit

Hello Houston Friends!
I wanted to update everyone who is expecting me to visit this evening that I may not be able to make it... Last night I blew a radiator hose in my car driving through the drive thru at a local fast food restaurant here in Dallas. I am having difficulty finding someone to fix it ... I can't afford to have a shop pick it up and tow it to be worked on and my car is still parked at the restaurant and I'm stuck at home. Hopefully it is just the hose and not something more serious, but it very well could be because something caused the water pressure to build up that high that it burst. I am trying my best to make it there this evening...If all else fails I will be there as soon as I get my car repaired...when that will be I can't promise the day...But do promise to be there asap. So sorry for the disappointments...I am also very disappointed and was looking forward to a fun, relaxing get away in my favorite place to visit, Houston.
So, please wish me luck that I can and will be on the road soon! I am so looking forward to getting there and encounters of a sensual nature I've been anticipating so long it seems like finally come true... (Beautiful Bella Solis, my dear friend, and Jimmy...: a real man among men... I swear I will make this happen one way or another! Please don't give up on me!!!)
That sucks. I hope everything works out for you. If it is just the hose, it should be pretty cheap. Maybe $200-$250, but if the hole is in the radiator it will most likely be around $600. Hopefully that will not be the case.
i am so bummed but i know ur trying ma!! im always here for you!!! xoxoxox
Awwww Bella you are so sweet I could just eat u up!!! (hehe)
Thank you Brooke....I am grateful it is only the hose...my concern is that the thermostat or the water pump might be out or who knows what else wrong with it...hoping for the best!
New update.... spoke to a mechanic and based on the information I told him, He believes that it is nothing more than the hose needed to be replaced. That's a huge relief. Unfortunately, his shop is full so he can't fix it for me. I'm still trying...Hope to see you all sooner than later!
Any man that knows how to operate a screw driver should be able to change the hose out in under thirty minutes. It's probably one of the easiest fixes on a car.
  • 05-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Hope you can get it fixed for a decent cost! Getting a 'new' car always has a few bugs...maybe the hose was the only one?
[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]
I wanted to update everyone who is expecting me to visit this evening that I may not be able to make it... Last night I blew a radiator hose in my car driving through the drive thru at a local fast food restaurant here in Dallas. Originally Posted by mercianna
You were blowing your radiator? Now that is a new one. Little too freaky and dangerous I must say.
In a drive thru too, could have been arrested for public lewdness.
Could be just a week hose. All hoses over 5 years should be inspected and or changed. If it's just a hose, that's not to hard to change wether it's upper or lower
Seriously, do you have any male friends? Changing a radiator hose isn’t much too much to ask of must men. Again, it is such a simple fix . I also can’t imagine a shop that is so busy that they could take a mechanic off a job to make this repair. Any skilled mechanic should be able to change it in a matter of moments.
Search Yelp for a mobile mechanic or post an ISO on Eccie in your area. It always works for me.

Also any Goodyear or Firestone should have you up and running in 2 or 3 hours, but they have just about the highest prices of all mechanics.
Damn baby you can see we all want you here! No more than Bella and me! It will happen I know it as just has to!!!!!
awww i wouldnt mind if u ate me up!!! any time ... wink wink
Seriously, do you have any male friends? Changing a radiator hose isn’t much too much to ask of must men. Again, it is such a simple fix . I also can’t imagine a shop that is so busy that they could take a mechanic off a job to make this repair. Any skilled mechanic should be able to change it in a matter of moments. Originally Posted by GymRat
Not true if the hose is on the bottom the hose clamps may be obstructed by belts and mounting brackets of the alternator or air condition compressor
Duct tape