Just Curious, How Active Is The Women's Only Forum?

When I first ran across this site, I thought it would be pretty interesting to interact with with lots of providers and hear your side of things and thoughts on different issues. It took all of five minutes to realize that like most boards, there was a small cadre of bitter and negative guys who constantly denigrate people and either drive off the moderates or drive them to the silent sidelines.

This is especially noticeable with providers. There is a small minority of very thick skinned ladies, and occasionally one or two as gutter as the guys, but for the most part very few women post anything. So the question is, are there a lot more women who post in the ladies lounge than post here? Are they really private, or are the same mens mods privy to everything you all right?
I've observed the same phenomenon citizen, I think between the harsh critics, the trolls, and the nature of subjective interpretation on a message board I think it does many women's business more harm than good to be an active poster. Even when they win an argument they stand to lose customers. It's a bit of a catch-22 no matter how they come across so I think many just post ads, provide excellent service, and let their reviews speak for themselves. I do applaud the ladies who manage to be active posters and yet stay above the fray, I wish there were more of you.

I wonder too about the ladies area, is it active? No details need be revealed obviously but I'm curious. Of course, even if it is active it's not like harsh critics and trolls are limited to the male variety, I'm sure they exist there as well.
Male mods are not privy to the powder room....
Whining and bitching.............ijs
  • bbkid
  • 03-18-2014, 05:24 PM
Who cares....
Is what it is.....
  • Seedy
  • 03-18-2014, 05:48 PM
Cavemen are not allowed. Lol
...there was a small cadre of bitter and negative guys who constantly denigrate people and either drive off the moderates or drive them to the silent sidelines. Originally Posted by citizen44
I'm sure this is news to the moderators! Why not be the helpful sort and help the moderators out by doing them a solid and naming these people who are driving them off...
  • xtrem
  • 03-18-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm sure this is news to the moderators! Why not be the helpful sort and help the moderators out by doing them a solid and naming these people who are driving them off... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
On the old board the mods just died. Much safer to be a mod here..
Oh, so it's the same as this one.

Whining and bitching.............ijs Originally Posted by dearhunter
9 dudes and no female responses. It's funny how in my head I always communicate much more clearly. As guys shouldn't know what goes on in the women's forum, I was really targeting responses from the women. There are several high school and college English teachers who are very disappointed in me right now.
Good thoughts for the thread Citizen. Again, SpiceItUp my compliments on a very informative and well thought out response. Really!

The info and questions are lost though on the audience. Which is in no way either of your faults.
You Stole my Avitar….ijs
You Stole my Avitar….ijs Originally Posted by GTDADDY
It fits my handle better
9 dudes and no female responses. It's funny how in my head I always communicate much more clearly. As guys shouldn't know what goes on in the women's forum, I was really targeting responses from the women. There are several high school and college English teachers who are very disappointed in me right now. Originally Posted by citizen44
The fact that they didn't bother to respond should be a pretty big clue. Very few women use this board the way the guys do. For most of the women, its a means to an end. They log on, post an ad, check alerts and log off. For most of the guys, its a social club. Since women have slowly wormed their way into every "men only" space in polite society (cigar bars, men only bars, country clubs, rotary clubs, etc.), I suppose hooker forums are the only place left for guys to be guys... (And even here, we have limp-dicked turds whining about our need to be more polite and censor ourselves to make it more palatable for the ladies.) You don't really see a whole lot of guys trying to elbow their way into the daughters of the american revolution or the junior league, but fuck it. Equal rights and all that bullshit.

Since most of these ladies hate each other and view each other as competition, I'd be very surprised if the "women only" forums were active at all.