Complaint!

This isn't a question, it's a complaint. It seems that more than 50% of the time, after I look at posts in a forum, they appear as "unread" again when I sign on at a later time. It's annoying and costs time. Each time it happens, I have to go to "Mark all Threads Read" to clear the threads, but it also clears threads on other forums I might have wanted to read at a later time.

I hope there's some way to make the system work as intended.

JaG
Check your browser settings, it has to accept cookies for the system to work correctly.
And be sure to click the logoff button, which will do the same thing as the Mark all Threads Read. When you log back in it will pick up all the new posts from the logoff time.

And JAG, you know our Complaint Dept works right?

That is one of the trade-offs if you clean up after browsing either by clearing cookies or running ccleaner.

Don't clean your traces and the read threads will be greyed. Then explain to your SO what ECCIE stands for.
That is one of the trade-offs if you clean up after browsing either by clearing cookies or running ccleaner.

Don't clean your traces and the read threads will be greyed. Then explain to your SO what ECCIE stands for. Originally Posted by OldGrump
Ouch