Advice on providing to Galveston/Kemah etc pls!!

Heya gents,
So I'm trying to decide what to do with my Wed/thurs and sending out feelers in corpus and san antonio and austin when it occurs to me.....
What aboutn the guys out towards the island, who loves on them?? And if so where does that lov'n happen? And, IS there anybody to love out thaterway?
I'd like to stay close to H town for the folks that haven't managed to find time in the schedule thus far. But, I'd like a change of scenery too.
Would I advertise in the H Town forum?
Where should I stay? The Island? Seabrook? Kemah??
Kat
Further south on 45 than Clear Lake and its kind of a slum, theres lot of nice new hotels and extended stay type places on Bay Area. 25-30 minute drive to Galveston 15 to Kemah if you wanted to play at the beach/lake.
Anything South of Nasa Road 1 is a step above poverty. I lived out in Dickinson for about 2 years and there is nothing down there and no real business until you get to Texas City then there is 1 street and nothing till the island. And we all know who still lives on the island... That's right old people. Yeah we will go with that answer.
  • Samu
  • 06-08-2010, 07:04 PM
You see people looking for good providers in Clear Lake and on the East side of town all the time. I seems that everyone is galleria, north west or southwest, witha few downtown... we need a google maps mashup with with provider locations...
Im not just by galleria I do OC to Clear Lake... Cuz I live out here!
You see people looking for good providers in Clear Lake and on the East side of town all the time. I seems that everyone is galleria, north west or southwest, witha few downtown... we need a google maps mashup with with provider locations... Originally Posted by Samu
Anything South of Nasa Road 1 is a step above poverty. I lived out in Dickinson for about 2 years and there is nothing down there and no real business until you get to Texas City then there is 1 street and nothing till the island. And we all know who still lives on the island... That's right old people. Yeah we will go with that answer. Originally Posted by Brian7772
You need to get out of Pasadena more, that statement is pretty much WRONG.
  • bbkid
  • 06-09-2010, 06:11 AM
KB, you would probably be better off staying in Clear Lake and driving to the island. I don't think there would be enough guys down there to make your stay worthwhile.

I live out here! Originally Posted by SexyMichelle4U
Well, that's good to know. :-)

You need to get out of Pasadena more, that statement is pretty much WRONG. Originally Posted by ObyDATY
And, what's so wrong with Pasadena, sir???
There is nothing wrong with Pasadena. I've been here several times in my life but have lived most of it in Clear Lake. I still travel to Dickinson every Wednesday and every other weekend. They are finally building the area up but there is still NOTHING between Texas City and Galveston worth getting off the freeway for.
Dear Ms Butler;

The missionary board would like to thank you for your offer to work as a summer missionary to the outlying provinces in an attempt to bring higher education to the natives. However, our concern is that while you have earned legendary status (and rightfully so) working with kings and business titans, the provincial customs may come as culture shock to you. The population other than the main villages around NASA are somewhat scattered across vast distances and don't be surprised when asked if you make "house calls" to a boat slip number. Economically, while there are pockets of disposable income in the area, the majority of the territories are reeling from the effects of the downturn. Some of the smaller hamlets are suspicious of outsiders and the local sheriff may be more prone to take notice of a regal lady of your class and sophistication, especially when you may impact his ATF's business.

While going in-country on safari may be adventurous it is also a riskier business venture. You very well may be better off setting up your trading post inside the the walls of Fort Houston. The natives will make the journey if they are truly interested in trading wampum for your beaver pelts. Just don't let them have any firewater until after all trading is done.

Regards,

TMFT

Pompous, self appointed adviser to Katharine Butler.
  • Txh64
  • 06-09-2010, 08:21 AM
KB, you would probably be better off staying in Clear Lake and driving to the island. I don't think there would be enough guys down there to make your stay worthwhile.

Well, that's good to know. :-)

And, what's so wrong with Pasadena, sir??? Originally Posted by bbkid
If you have been there, you know. (I have)
If you live there, you don't notice anymore. (have friends there)

Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell ---------- Lynyrd Skynyrd - "That Smell"

On topic, I would agree that there is little reason to do more than outcall to the island. It is kinda an endpoint where Clear Lake, the Galleria area, and others are more centrally located to most of the population.