My Honest Review of Hookup Sites Pop Up

Is it just me? Do I have some kind of Ad Ware - because almost every time I go to a new thread I get the Pop up ad of "My Honest Review of Hook Up Sites". It is getting quite annoying even though there is a cute girl with big breasts on it.
I get the same especially on my mobile device
I don't get it, but then I have Ad Block Plus installed.
I'm getting it and have Adblock plus and using Firefox. I don't have any malware, using several different programs.
3rd for adblock plus ... don't get those pop-ups.
3rd for adblock plus ... don't get those pop-ups. Originally Posted by MOCHAakaMOCHA
I am pretty sure that you get pop-ups all the time.

Oh, were we talking about computers?
What's actually worse is the 'Leave this page' prompt when you try to close the window. That's EXACTLY how a lot of recent malware gets installed. An affirmative click here can bypass many of the browser security features if the site is malware infected. Even though I hate popups period, I understand that ad revenue helps pay the bills for the site but ECCIE might want to reconsider allowing this specific type of popup prompt.
If I am logged in it won't show if I'm lurking it does.
Yes and also yes. lol

I am pretty sure that you get pop-ups all the time.

Oh, were we talking about computers? Originally Posted by Redwolf
Well, I spoke too soon. I got the popup for the first time today, and Ad Block Plus was on and didn't even blink. I tried to close the window and got an "Are you sure?" confirmation box. Then the same thing popped up every time I clicked a thread in Coed Discussions. It didn't popup from any other forum.

This better not stick around.
I have been getting it for quite a while, I thought it started when I switched from IE to Chrome for my browser. It is extremely annoying and doubly so with the "are you sure you want to leave" prompt.
If you edit c:\Windows\System32\drivers\et c\hosts (it's a text file, notepad works fine) and add "127.0.0.12 hookups.info" as the last line (the extra spaces between 12 and the h are to match the others in my file) you will still get the popup, but it won't load the page. there should already be one or more lines that look like "127.0.0.something" in the file - just change the 12 in my example to be one greater than the last one.
Heh, if it is gonna give me a popup window anyway, I might as well get one with a pretty girl in it
Mobile Safari on mine just puts it off to the side in the search bar with the title. I 'x' it out w/o even seeing it. And I surf w/o it opening it unless I open it, so it's never in the way.
If your not going to use their advertiser on here, they will push pop-ups.
But they won't up date their software, or verify a review by contacting the provider before they give PA to a new review. Do you think this would cut down on fake handles!
They have a three step program, and the provider must meet two, this is what it takes for a provider to get her VP account.
I don't get any pop ups. Clean out history and cookies after I sign off every time.