Ok! Let's review the Booking Protocol!

Ok Let's Review The Booking Protocol!

Disclosure:*
1. This thread is not so much about "how to schedule with a provider" as it is about being considerate about a provider's time and respecting her business.*
2. Why post this thread at all? There are a few hobbyists who I feel like to waste our valuable time or claim to not know the procedure!*
2. I also acknowledge that there are plenty of well-educated, respectful and well-mannered hobbyists who already have this understanding. No need for you to read. Lol*

Every lady manages her business in accordance with her personal style. Yet I believe there's also a common understanding of how appointments are booked and why clear communication is important.*

Let's begin with a reminder that time is extremely valuable for both the providers AND the hobbyists.*

What are the steps to scheduling with a provider for the first time?*
Here are mine:*
1. INITIAL CONTACT:*
An email which includes a brief introduction, date you'd like to meet and your references and/or handles is what I most appreciate. *When checking references the other provider will usually ask for your phone number, handle and/or email.*

2. PROVIDER:*
If she decides to book with you, a date will be scheduled and a general idea of incall location will be provided.*

3. DAY OF APPOINTMENT:
*I prefer a call or text stating that you are still available.*

4. HEADED TO INCALL:
*An hour or so prior to your heading my way I will provide you with the address to my incall.*

5. ARRIVAL:*
I expect a call from you once you have arrived at which point I will provide the room number.*

6. THE REUNION:*
If all goes well you will be greeted with kisses.*

I find that from time to time when I visit Houston that there are gents who simply decide not to show up. It is not common in other places I've visited.*

Please take into consideration the hard work that a traveling provider endures. She has additional expenses along with additional responsibilities of screening and ensuring her safety. Her time is precious. At least 2 hours have been set aside for you alone. An hour to prep for you and an hour session. When you decide to bail you have caused her money.*

I continue to visit Houston because of the special connections I've made. But those few individuals who decide to waste our time sure reflect bad on the rest. If I may add, these offenders generally contact me through a particular review board. Which I won't name, lol. Yet those who send me "appointment requests" through p411 seem to be the most reliable.*

Ladies please add some feedback. How common are either last minute cancellations or "no shows"?*
Valueable information indeed!!! You should have put more emphasis on the Providers obligation in this procedure. I think that far to many of the providers here are ambivilent to the hurdles that many hobbyists go through to make the appointment and are equally, if not more so impacted, when a provider bails on the appointment. Happened to me tonight!! Again!!!

Perhaps the reason hobbyists do it is because it has been done numerous times to them and ergo feel no remorse or consideration to the provider. (not a statement of fact but my humble opinion). Last Monday, it was a ncns by one of Houston well reviewed and tonight it was an UTR aquaintence.

I have broached the subject before and was basically told that it is part of the game and to have a "plan B". Provider consideration has and continues to be a problem here that has been met with apathy by the hobbyist. Maybe you are a "plan B" for your last minute cancellations. Not good for the ego, trust me I know. I wonder how many times the excuses are accurate and not just a bump down the list for a regular or even a new client?

I go through alot to make the time for appointments. I am sure not going to not show or cancel short of me or my immediate family being in the hospital taking Last Rites. But that is just me apparently. Believe me when I say that I empathise with you and that when it happens, it really sucks no matter who is on the receiving end.

OK, I am done beating my head against the concrete wall. You may all go back to your regularly scheduled programming. Provided it wasn't cancelled or didn't show up!
Perhaps the reason hobbyists do it is because it has been done numerous times to them and ergo feel no remorse or consideration to the provider. (not a statement of fact but my humble opinion). Last Monday, it was a ncns by one of Houston well reviewed and tonight it was an UTR aquaintence.

I have broached the subject before and was basically told that it is part of the game and to have a "plan B". Provider consideration has and continues to be a problem here that has been met with apathy by the hobbyist. Maybe you are a "plan B" for your last minute cancellations. Not good for the ego, trust me I know. I wonder how many times the excuses are accurate and not just a bump down the list for a regular or even a new client?

I go through alot to make the time for appointments. I am sure not going to not show or cancel short of me or my immediate family being in the hospital taking Last Rites. But that is just me apparently. Believe me when I say that I empathise with you and that when it happens, it really sucks no matter who is on the receiving end. Originally Posted by mountie
I agree that it seems to be happening both ways in Houston. Last week, I had 4 different providers cancel on me in a row! In each case, I made the appointment at least 8 hours in advance. 2 canceled hours before, 2 canceled while I was already on the way to the incall. I understand and appreciate that things come up. Talk about the blues. I just couldn't get laid last week

Think it has anything to do with the Rodeo?
Show us your titts!
I agree that it seems to be happening both ways in Houston. Last week, I had 4 different providers cancel on me in a row! In each case, I made the appointment at least 8 hours in advance. 2 canceled hours before, 2 canceled while I was already on the way to the incall. I understand and appreciate that things come up. Talk about the blues. I just couldn't get laid last week

Think it has anything to do with the Rodeo? Originally Posted by Graycoat
No Sir, I seriously doubt that the Rodeo has anything to with it. Unless they specifically mentioned that they got tickets and would make it up to YOU. If it didn't mention the Rodeo and that was the reason then they kinda lied and that is just as bad in my book.

I think they do it because they can. They money will keep flowing in anyway so who really cares. I would venture a guess and say the 4 that blew you off either have some expectation that you will reschedule to see them or really don't care either way if you ever meet and that the well is deep and they have a long list of excuses that will make YOU out to be a shitheel.

I am at that point where I would prefer to see a visiting provider. They have more financial reasons, as Shiloh pointed out, to uphold there end of the appointment. I have only had two appointments that went off without a rescedule or no show and one of those was from a visiting PS. I hate to say how many locals here have found some reason to "have to" reschedule or just not show up.

I hope yours and Shilohs upcoming week is not nearly as frustrating.
Mountie and Graycoat your comments are greatly appreciated. I'm not familiar with the cancellations you face here in Houston. I will however point this out, in business a no-show does not sit well. People are fired for such reasons. There is a loss of trust that clearly needs to exist in even our business.

To deliberately cancel or not show up to an appointment shows a lot about a person's character and business sense. So I do empathize with hobbyists as well.

I've had my moments when "aunt flow" shows up unexpectantly or I do not feel well. I am forced to cancel. The first thing I consider is the disappointment of the other party involved. However, because I do enjoy regulars I work hard at following through on my end.

And yes Mountie, there is a much greater investment for a provider who travels. Before I even arrive to a city I've already had overhead costs that include hotel accommodations, air fare, car rental, etc.

Thank you for listening. Headed out of the country in the morning for a much deserved break. Kisses
So no on the titts?
Mountie and Graycoat your comments are greatly appreciated. I'm not familiar with the cancellations you face here in Houston. I will however point this out, in business a no-show does not sit well. People are fired for such reasons. There is a loss of trust that clearly needs to exist in even our business.

To deliberately cancel or not show up to an appointment shows a lot about a person's character and business sense. So I do empathize with hobbyists as well.

I've had my moments when "aunt flow" shows up unexpectantly or I do not feel well. I am forced to cancel. The first thing I consider is the disappointment of the other party involved. However, because I do enjoy regulars I work hard at following through on my end.

And yes Mountie, there is a much greater investment for a provider who travels. Before I even arrive to a city I've already had overhead costs that include hotel accommodations, air fare, car rental, etc.

Thank you for listening. Headed out of the country in the morning for a much deserved break. Kisses Originally Posted by Shiloh Stevens
Shiloh

Yes, in the real world, on the 3rd consecutive no show I can fire somebody for job abandonment. This is not the real world however, and there is no real ramification for this hobby world poor behaviour.

I am sure that there are legitimate reason for a cancellation or reschedule but if they are not explained then who really knows? "Aunt Flow"? A woman knows her schedule and there are advance warnings for such things (I knew two days in advance when my ex was hitting her period). Even if it "Auntie flow" showed up in advance without warning, I would hope that you would make it a point to explain and make an effort to "make it up" to the hobbyist. For me the effort would make me more at ease about going through the hassle of rescheduling and that my time and kindhearted nature are not being taken advange of or for granted.

A travelling providers overhead is why I will be more apt to visit travelling providers in the future. The have more incentive to be considerate.

Good luck to you. Have fun wherever you are going. I will say a little prayer that your flight isn't cancelled.....I know how frustrating that is.
Mountie and Graycoat your comments are greatly appreciated. I'm not familiar with the cancellations you face here in Houston. I will however point this out, in business a no-show does not sit well. People are fired for such reasons. There is a loss of trust that clearly needs to exist in even our business. Originally Posted by Shiloh Stevens
There is simply no stake until money is exchanged. I like your confirmation procedures. At least you get an early warning, instead of NCNS.

Honestly, it's usually not that bad for me in Houston. Except for last week, I'd say about 2/3 of appointments go as planned.

I don't do plan "B"'s, because that's unfair to the second provider. I'm generally OK if plans fall through. I just think of it as taking a girl out on a date. The NCNS and cancellation rates are off the charts with civilian girls
There is simply no stake until money is exchanged. I like your confirmation procedures. At least you get an early warning, instead of NCNS.

Honestly, it's usually not that bad for me in Houston. Except for last week, I'd say about 2/3 of appointments go as planned.

I don't do plan "B"'s, because that's unfair to the second provider. I'm generally OK if plans fall through. I just think of it as taking a girl out on a date. The NCNS and cancellation rates are off the charts with civilian girls Originally Posted by Graycoat
I think the point she was trying to make is that there IS a stake even before the meet for the monetary exchange. The overhead, lost earnings in the time set aside that can not be filled, etc...

The point I was trying to make was that US, the hobbyist endure much the same thing when a provider commits the same act that she is addressing. I, too, do not believe in a plan "B" for the very same reason as you. I was merely pointing out that when some in this hobby world get numb to the fact that last minute reschedules (not nough time to develope alternate options) or NCNS are just part of the "game" then they give no thought to doing it to a provider.

It is a problem that will never get fixed. I wish I could be as magnaimous as you but it frustrates the hell out of me when it happens. I still subscribe to the notion that we should treat others the way we want to be treated. I am dreamer, I know.
2 cents worth. Shiloh, don't know you, never met you, so probably doesn't apply to you:

"Initial Contact" .... When a phone call, PM, email, and/or 411 message goes unanswered for 24 hours, I can reasonably believe that the recipient is: (1) not interested in scheduling an appointment with me, or (2) is too busy to schedule an appointment with me. At an absolute minimum a business person should immediately respond to inquiries, even if it is merely acknowledging receipt of the inquiry and offering a legitimate explanation of any delay in setting up an appointment.

After 24 hours I can "move on" ... and will.

Hobbyists, present company no exception, often have a "window of opportunity" to schedule recreational activities in the near future, not to mention the urge to do so, and having to play phone-wait and phone-tag for an extended period of time not only risks the window closing, but a subsiding of the urge to have fun.

In my business we do two things well: Respond quickly to contacts and make ourselves available to the clients when the clients can be available. Additionally, we charge a highly competitive fee and provide quality and prompt services. Our focus is on our clients, who provide us with the revenue to sustain our overhead and our income.

The last thing we do is set up some "guidelines" that they must follow to see us and utilize our services. We are client oriented, and remain so.

This ain't the United States Post Office, and we ain't mailing packages.
Valueable information indeed!!! You should have put more emphasis on the Providers obligation in this procedure. I think that far to many of the providers here are ambivilent to the hurdles that many hobbyists go through to make the appointment and are equally, if not more so impacted, when a provider bails on the appointment. Happened to me tonight!! Again!!!

I go through alot to make the time for appointments. I am sure not going to not show or cancel short of me or my immediate family being in the hospital taking Last Rites. But that is just me apparently. Believe me when I say that I empathise with you and that when it happens, it really sucks no matter who is on the receiving end.

OK, I am done beating my head against the concrete wall. You may all go back to your regularly scheduled programming. Provided it wasn't cancelled or didn't show up! Originally Posted by mountie
Mountie, I 100% agree with you. Even my regular provider of 11 years, has pulled this crap on me several years ago.

I make some excuse to my boss for leaving work and get the third degree for it. Drive over an hour in the rain to get to the appointment and because she regularly changes incall locations, I have to call 5 minutes prior to appointment time to get the room number, and then she does not pick-up the phone. What the Fuck!

What is that old saying about a bird..... Oh yea, I remember, it's "a hundred dollars in the hand is worth two hundred dollars in the bush!"

Out of several hundred dates, I have only had to reschedule one time due to a family emergency.

the Griffin
Shiloh

Yes, in the real world, on the 3rd consecutive no show I can fire somebody for job abandonment. This is not the real world however, and there is no real ramification for this hobby world poor behaviour. Originally Posted by mountie

Maybe there should be a consequence for a Provider no-show! Have ECCIE add a board under the Mens Only section for posting no-shows. Better yet would be to let the Provider explain in PM why the no-show and then let the moderators of the Review Board decide if a review should/can be posted against this Provider.
  • bbkid
  • 03-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Maybe there should be a consequence for a Provider no-show! Originally Posted by Griffin
There already is. If a credible member posts that he has been nc/ns, and explains that it was not made-up satisfactorily, we write her off as a flake.
let the moderators of the Review Board decide if a review should/can be posted against this Provider. Originally Posted by Griffin
You can't write a review if nothing took place. And, I don't need a moderator to decide if I can post a nc/ns - I'm fucking posting it!!! Period.