Anyone else love their pets more than some family members?

Just saying. Call me a softie or whatever but I can honestly say that I love my dogs more than I love some people in my family. When one of my dogs died I curled up and cried like a baby. I mean I really really cried and took off work for a week. I could never admit this to my friends but it's a real soft spot for me.

Don't know if it's abnormal or morally wrong to put animals over humans but deep inside I know that only a few really love me and at least I know they're part of the few.
  • mr666
  • 08-22-2014, 08:07 PM
I care more for my dog than one of my brothers. You're not too crazy.
Not crazy or soft in my mind bro. I like my extended family well enough, but I fucking love my dogs. When my dogs die I'm going to be devastated. I can't even think about it too much without getting choked up preemptively!
Not crazy or soft in my mind bro. I like my extended family well enough, but I fucking love my dogs. When my dogs die I'm going to be devastated. I can't even think about it too much without getting choked up preemptively! Originally Posted by SpiceItUp
You should prepare yourself just a little each day. It hurts like hell man i still cry when i think about her. Life will become a little less enjoyable. However, believe it or not my dogs made me a better person towards people in general.
I'm definitely with ya'll on that..I have 3, a Yorkie and two chi-poms and I talk to them and rather be around them than a lot of my family, or other people, for that matter...I'm a proud mommy, I keep pix on hand!!!
I like pets as much as the next guy but good lord the friends I have on facebook are a complete asswhip with they're 1000 posts a day about they're dogs. And if they don't have any kids? Make that 5,000 posts a day about they're dogs.
I really like my dog & all but the day it crosses that line bullet to the head, no questions asked. It's a lower level creature
Fancy?
The First and Only time that I ever grieved was my Dog. (You remember ) I never invest more than I'm willing to walk away from with people (aside from my rugratz) but, hey, that's just My Opinion... My Feelings, My Decision.
I love my dog....but I'm saddened more when a thread I'm interested in is locked by a mod.
I like pets as much as the next guy but good lord the friends I have on facebook are a complete asswhip with they're 1000 posts a day about they're dogs. And if they don't have any kids? Make that 5,000 posts a day about they're dogs. Originally Posted by strongbad
^ Lol. I don't do incessant posting about them I just take them on hikes in the woods for the mental stimulation and exercise based on their stamina. I bet the people that make 1000 posts a day probably have morbidly obese dogs. Unfortunately.

The First and Only time that I ever grieved was my Dog. (You remember ) I never invest more than I'm willing to walk away from with people (aside from my rugratz) but, hey, that's just My Opinion... My Feelings, My Decision. Originally Posted by Alyssa XOXO
Yes I remember very well. Time does seem to help heal wounds.
Oh, my, most people familiar with me on ECCIE know that I ADORE my chihuahuas. No, I don't fave a Facebook addiction to incessantly posting about the wee ones, but there are a couple of soppy threads on here regarding the loss of my beloved Sweet Pea and Stormy. I mourned them more than most of my relatives when they passed. I still miss them and think about them frequently, but adopting other critters in need of rescue has been very comforting. I run a pet food drive every fall in memory of the Pea, and have hauled thousands of pounds of chow to shelters. It's an honor to do so.

Dog spelled backward is, "God," and they show the unconditional love and forgiveness that a deity is supposed to. They are more loyal than people, and a dog will never stab you in the back. They are grateful and always happy to see you, and they think that their owners are divine. I have a t-shirt that says, "God, please make me the person that my dog thinks I am." I believe that
dogs are the highest form of life on Earth.

Dogs are fun-loving and make the world a better place. Cats are imperious and want to take over the place. Ask boardman.
  • TheDr
  • 08-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Haven't had that emotional connection with a dog in quite awhile. One died, another got too big for my young ones to handle back in the day. I have been there for friends who've lost their dogs though. It was tough, just tried to be their rock.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -- Will Rogers
Haven't had that emotional connection with a dog in quite awhile. One died, another got too big for my young ones to handle back in the day. I have been there for friends who've lost their dogs though. It was tough, just tried to be their rock. Originally Posted by TheDr

One of my cousins married a French gal and her dad's dog died back in France and he said her dad shut down for a whole month and wouldn't speak to anyone. He said it was like a month long funeral procession.