Boxing Fans....a thread for us..

I know there are quite a few boxing fans out there like myself. And I just wanted to put a thread up for boxing fans to share info, thoughts and upcoming schedules..

After the less than stellar Mayweather / Pac fight last week this weekend goes to show there are boxers out there that can and will FIGHT!.

My hats off to Kirkland because he fought hard but it was just not enough and he is so offensive that he left himself wide open for left upper cuts, body shots and the few straight punches eventually getting knocked the F out...great fight.

Next weekend (May 16) should be a good fight. Golovkin is fighting 32 and 0 with 29 KO's against Monroe who is 19 & 1. My money is on Golovkin.

Potential fights to watch out for...

Golovkin vs. Cotto
Cotto vs. Canelo
and Golovkin vs. Canelo...

Here are some good upcoming fight to watch out for:

Golovkin vs. Monroe - May 16th
Khan vs. Algieri - May 29th
Cotto vs. Geale June 6th
Ward vs. Smith June 20th
Bradley vs. Vargas June 27th
Here are some good upcoming fight to watch out for:

Golovkin vs. Monroe - May 16th
Khan vs. Algieri - May 29th
Cotto vs. Geale June 6th
Ward vs. Smith June 20th
Bradley vs. Vargas June 27th Originally Posted by SNL9933
I'll be catching them all (maybe not for Khan vs. Algieri).
Did u go to the fight at Minute maid SNL?
Mayweather has probably done as much to fuck up the "sport" of boxing as Don King has.
I wish I could still be a fan, I really do but I can't watch 12 rounds of Olympic style boxing.

I hope you're right about there still being some fighter out there. I may be able to get interested if I see someone looking for blood.
Amen and Amen, bruthah.

This "sport" has been dead, dead, dead for years. Memories of Ali...Frazier....Sugar Ray....Duran......they are days gone by. I've no clue what this dreck is that's being peddled today. I know it comes across as "good ol' days" syndrome to you younger guys / gals.....but truth be told; it's the way it is.

Didn't feel ya got fair bang for the dollar value (PPV) of this recent debacle? Buyer Beware, that's all I can say. There's got to be much better entertainment out there than to give clowns like this your Benjamins.....

Mayweather has probably done as much to fuck up the "sport" of boxing as Don King has.
I wish I could still be a fan, I really do but I can't watch 12 rounds of Olympic style boxing.

I hope you're right about there still being some fighter out there. I may be able to get interested if I see someone looking for blood. Originally Posted by boardman
Did you catch the last fight ?
Back in the 80s and 90s the USA and ESPN networks had fights on every week. You could watch many up and comers. Where are the free televised fights?
Back in the 80s and 90s the USA and ESPN networks had fights on every week. You could watch many up and comers. Where are the free televised fights? Originally Posted by gnadfly

all on HBO if you have that subscription lol
Amen and Amen, bruthah.

This "sport" has been dead, dead, dead for years. Memories of Ali...Frazier....Foreman....Hagler....Sugar Ray....Duran......they are days gone by. . Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Most of the above mentioned were not only talented in the ring, but had showmanlike personalities as well. Remember the Ali/Cosell interviews? George Foreman on Carson? Sugar Ray... Hagler? Even Iron Mike was fun to watch both in and out of the ring. It's still the sweet science, Floyd has figured out the win formula, but it's not entertaining, and it's not really Boxing either.

I hope you're right about there still being some fighter out there. I may be able to get interested if I see someone looking for blood. Originally Posted by boardman
Amen! Sad but true!
Where are the free televised fights? Originally Posted by gnadfly
On the Spanish language station on Friday nights
I'll be catching them all (maybe not for Khan vs. Algieri). Originally Posted by htownhammer
Khan is HOTT!! Watching him get all sweaty
  • MLORD
  • 05-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Plenty of Boxing on Regular TV now. You can catch cards on CBS and NBC (prime time) on Saturday's every month. The fighters are known names if you follow the sport. Here is a schedule.

http://www.premierboxingchampions.com/boxing-schedule

http://www.nbcsports.com/premier-box...pions-schedule

https://mobile.twitter.com/premierboxing
I'm on team K tonight... What yall thinking? Is he going to KO Monroe?
  • Trey
  • 05-17-2015, 02:59 AM
He tried to go for the old "the ref shorted me on the count" but the guy said he beat the count. Had to just say he didn't want no more of that GGG. I was entertained. I thought there was a second fight but my dvr showed a rerun of game of thrones.