LG exits mobile phone business

Incredible news. A market with savage competition.
LG has had questionable product quality. Their phones were great, I had one for four years and it worked well.

For those of you who remember Lucky Gold star TVs from the 1980s. I bought one of those TVs and the first one out of the box did not work. 2nd one worked for a day then quit. 3rd one the picture worked but no sound. 4th one worked for about nine months before it quit working.

Due to my great experience with my phone I purchased a LG refrigerator which worked great until the day after the one year warranty expired. Then the compressor failed. There is a class action lawsuit against LG which was settled in Sept of last year.

It's probably a good thing LG quit making phones. Maybe they can improve their customer service on other products they make.

Never will buy an LG again. Should of learned my lesson 40 years ago with lucky gold star
I don't buy Lenovo, LG, Panasonic or HP products anymore. Especially Lenovo and HP. Too many quality issues.

I haven't bought Sony in years since my last Trinitron failed. They want too much for their quality premium that doesn't exist anymore.

But who knows, they be made by the same manufacturer and/or use the same part supplier.
In mobile phones there is Apple and then every one else.
The Roku tvs made by TCL and a couple others are very questionable quality. Vizio seems to stand up well and not high priced.
Well my new LG I bought dropped from my boob to the ground flat on its face and cracked horribly.
I have insurance but it is still a hundred dollar deductible.
Mine in the open book kind dual screen so the top doesn't have a protected cover ugh.
The inside was ok but ugh

Team Android!
In mobile phones there is Apple and then every one else. Originally Posted by bigstickdave6969
Apple is the mobile phone equivalent to 3G. It works okay but it takes no intelligence to use it.
Apple is the mobile phone equivalent to 3G. It works okay but it takes no intelligence to use it. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
I do not really know any one who does not have an IPhone.

I am sure there are some out there who either can not afford it or are too cheap to pay for it lol.
I do not really know any one who does not have an IPhone.

I am sure there are some out there who either can not afford it or are too cheap to pay for it lol. Originally Posted by bigstickdave6969
They are not more expensive than an equivalent android phone and certainly do not work as well or as efficiently as an android. I don't know anyone with an apple that does not have system issues with apple phones.
Well my new LG I bought dropped from my boob to the ground flat on its face and cracked horribly.

Team Android! Originally Posted by Majichands
I request a picture of you in your bra with your phone tucked in. I always loved that look.
What was the reason Apple became the # 1 phone ? Was it all because of the apps that you could get and use only on that phone ?
They are not more expensive than an equivalent android phone and certainly do not work as well or as efficiently as an android. I don't know anyone with an apple that does not have system issues with apple phones. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
Never had a system issue with Iphone plus the system is much more secure than Android.

iPhone apps do not crash as often as their Android counterparts either.
What was the reason Apple became the # 1 phone ? Was it all because of the apps that you could get and use only on that phone ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
iPhones tend to have more consistent and efficient performance.

iOS is better than Android for the following reasons: Decreased Fragmentation. iOS is a closed platform. That means Apple has total control over its devices and software which is why they are more secure.
Never had a system issue with Iphone plus the system is much more secure than Android.

iPhone apps do not crash as often as their Android counterparts either. Originally Posted by bigstickdave6969

Both of your stated "facts" are unproven. What's good about iPhone is that any idiot can operate it. Not as true with Android. You usually have to actually have some intelligence.
iPhones tend to have more consistent and efficient performance.

iOS is better than Android for the following reasons: Decreased Fragmentation. iOS is a closed platform. That means Apple has total control over its devices and software which is why they are more secure. Originally Posted by bigstickdave6969
That only makes it proprietary, not better or more efficient.