live music, festivals and fun local events

well my friends since we live in the live music capitol of the world, I thought a thread about local live music would be fun. I go see live music almost daily. I love to see local talent, dance and socialize with other Austin folks. I was curious and wonder what local bands do you enjoy? what bars do you like to see bands at? I am not much of a giant music festival fan any more but the giant festivals sure do bring a lot of people out. Do you do sxsw or ACL but not local bands in dive bars? how do u enjoy your live music and where do you see it?

This is my sort of music festival today at Bullock, ( do not laugh, I am serious and into it!!)
it is the statewide young person's accordion contest, super fun and diverse with polkas, conjunto, zydeco

Big Squeeze 2019 Finals

Saturday May 11, 2019 (1pm-5pm)
Bullock Texas State History Museum
1800 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701
RAIN OR SHINE. INSIDE GRAND LOBBY

Texas Folklife and the Bullock Texas State History Museum are pleased to announce that the Finals for the annual Big Squeeze accordion contest will take place at the museum on Saturday, May 11, 2019. The event is free and open to the public and will take place inside the museum on the first floor lobby, under the grand rotunda.

Big Squeeze finalists will perform before the judges and the public, followed by a master accordionist showcase performance! Emceed by Piper LeMoine of Rancho Alegre Radio.
Featuring:
Cedryl Ballou & The Zydeco Trendsetters & Conjunto Cats