Eric Holder made two speeches in the last 24 hours...

...one was about Micheal Brown and the other was about James Foley. In both speeches Holder promised to hold the perpetrator(s) to account. He promised prosecution and he promised punishment. The subject of one was the Missouri cop Darren Wilson and the other was an Englishman/terrorist of ISIS. Does anyone see the problem here? One is a possible crime that has not been investigated (though the evidence coming forth seems to clear the cop) and the other is a barbarous terrorist committing an act of war. Yet, Holder sees them the same way. This is part of our problem with this White House. Holder was hand selected by Obama and has repeatedly NOT be fired for his mouth, mistakes, or policies.

SPAMMING THE BOARD AGAIN, ARE YOU?
Eric Holder can't promise anything in relation to the Police involved shooting in Ferguson Mo. The DOJ isn't a roving disciplinary board which investigates Police misconduct. There is only two areas of criminal law the DOJ has direct jurisdiction. Citizens have the right to freedom from unwarranted assault, Theft of Property and unlawful Arrest by Public Officials, and the act of denying civil rights by a public official must be intentional. These two criminal statutes aren't apparent in this shooting so therefore the DOJ really has no part in the investigation or any prosecution procedures.

Jim
...one was about Micheal Brown and the other was about James Foley. In both speeches Holder promised to hold the perpetrator(s) to account. He promised prosecution and he promised punishment. The subject of one was the Missouri cop Darren Wilson and the other was an Englishman/terrorist of ISIS. Does anyone see the problem here? One is a possible crime that has not been investigated (though the evidence coming forth seems to clear the cop) and the other is a barbarous terrorist committing an act of war. Yet, Holder sees them the same way. This is part of our problem with this White House. Holder was hand selected by Obama and has repeatedly NOT be fired for his mouth, mistakes, or policies.

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
How do you know he was an Englishman? Because of the accent?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

What a fucking idiot you are!
Eric Holder can't promise anything in relation to the Police involved shooting in Ferguson Mo. The DOJ isn't a roving disciplinary board which investigates Police misconduct. There is only two areas of criminal law the DOJ has direct jurisdiction. Citizens have the right to freedom from unwarranted assault, Theft of Property and unlawful Arrest by Public Officials, and the act of denying civil rights by a public official must be intentional. These two criminal statutes aren't apparent in this shooting so therefore the DOJ really has no part in the investigation or any prosecution procedures.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
I agree with you.

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
That's because he did a shakedown on B of A and got the money send to his political buddies.
I have a suspicion that he did not equate the two actions on the same level as you have suggested.
having said that, it seems clear that Obama and Holder are sticking their nose in here without many of the facts being brought to light. I also have a suspicion that the real victim in the Brown caseis the police officer, being labeled a racist and murderer in a rush to judgement. . . I support Obama about 80% of the time but hes off base here.
Eric Holder is a criminal who should be tried and punished for his crimes.
All criminals should be brought to justice and Afforded due process.

And then HANGED, right, Bubba?
Eric Holder knows a criminal when he sees one.....like every time he looks in a mirror.
Eric Holder knows a criminal when he sees one.....like every time he looks in a mirror. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
I'm not sure he sees a criminal, more like an avenger of white apartheid policies, much like Nelson Mandela without the forgiveness.
Comparing Holder to Nelson Mandela? It's more accurate to compare him to John Mitchell, without the heart.
Nelson Mandela was not the hero was made out to be. He instantly took south Africa and made it a third world country. His successors continued this tradition. What he and holder do not realize is that they depend on whites to organize and keep everything running smoothly. Black rule means chaos, violence and crime.
Comparing Holder to Nelson Mandela? It's more accurate to compare him to John Mitchell, without the heart. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Were I doing the comparing, I would agree with you. I was trying to illustrate how he sees himself, as a transformational figure who belongs to history. Hence, all opposition to him is but petty and shortsighted from those on the wrong side of history.
Nelson Mandela was not the hero was made out to be. He instantly took south Africa and made it a third world country. His successors continued this tradition. What he and holder do not realize is that they depend on whites to organize and keep everything running smoothly. Black rule means chaos, violence and crime. Originally Posted by Nick Gers
I agree the country (in this case, South Africa) has gone to hell, but I applaud Mandela's efforts. He had a practical plan and included forgiveness and reconciliation. For one of the few times you will see it, most of the praise and adulation at his funeral was truthful rather that politically inspired flattery.

Had he been younger and able to rule longer, perhaps the country could have become the first black rule success story.