Watch America’s student-loan debt grow $2,726 every second

Another reason the middle class is struggling today:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/eve...ebt-2015-06-10
We don't need no education...
the blame for student debt rests in three areas

1. the featherbedding of their nests by college administrators
2. the easy money provided by the government for student loans which allows 1. above. money chasing product causes product to rise in price
3. the slothfulness of many students

when the costs of taking 12 hours per semester and living the college life for 5 or 6 years exceeds the earnings increase of a degree in many of the areas of study todays kids are taking you'd think things would change.

but the dim idea is to just make it free for kids by transferring the costs to the taxpayer, thus bypassing once more the discipline a free enterprise economy would mete out.
the blame for student debt rests in three areas

1. the featherbedding of their nests by college administrators
2. the easy money provided by the government for student loans which allows 1. above. money chasing product causes product to rise in price
3. the slothfulness of many students

when the costs of taking 12 hours per semester and living the college life for 5 or 6 years exceeds the earnings increase of a degree in many of the areas of study todays kids are taking you'd think things would change.

but the dim idea is to just make it free for kids by transferring the costs to the taxpayer, thus bypassing once more the discipline a free enterprise economy would mete out. Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
France has been providing a free college education for their people for years and it works for them. They have a nice quality of life, less stress, work less hours, have more vacation time, national health care, and they are basically healthy and happy people.

How To Study Abroad in France for Free (you would have to learn French of course. . .lol)

https://www.gooverseas.com/blog/how-...rance-for-free
France has been providing a free college education for their people for years and it works for them. They have a nice quality of life, less stress, work less hours, have more vacation time, national health care, and they are basically healthy and happy people.

How To Study Abroad in France for Free (you would have to learn French of course. . .lol)

https://www.gooverseas.com/blog/how-...rance-for-free Originally Posted by SassySue

France:

http://www.thelocal.fr/20150924/fran...lems-in-future

Isolated banlieues
Rural France in decline
Rent increases outpacing salary rises
Dogged unemployment
Increasing poverty
The role of the family threatened
Growing French mistrust for institutions
Inequality is rising and austerity is making it worse
National cohesion at risk
Environmental challenges

I wouldn't be using France as an example.

We're already too much like them.

That's one article and we are nothing like France, or Sweden, or Finland, or New Zealand, for that matter. We have one of the highest rates of poverty, including child poverty, in the world. We have more poverty than France. Check this out:

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=69

https://www.gooverseas.com/blog/how-...rance-for-free Originally Posted by SassySue
75% tax rate
no right to self defense with arms
you have to speak French
up to your armpits (unshaven) in Mooslimbs
female genital hygiene leaves something to be desired
haven't won a war in over two centuries (without a lot of help)

In other words SS, your kind of silly with these link plops you keep dropping. So many it is so easy to see that you don't understand what happened. You just feel like you have to post something. You need to spend some time thinking before you embarass yourself posting crap like this.

Colleges raised their tuition rates, housing rates, and what have you rates because government is the largest purchaser of education. This was the goal of government, to imprison people in debt. Why do you think you can't discharge your student loan debt through bankruptcy or any other way. If you don't pay they own you. I you do pay they own for 10 years. Colleges are no great help. I asked the grounds keeper at a local college what he did with the flowers that he changed every month. He told me that they throw them away and they buy new ones. Get that, every month the new expense of flowers that no one cares about. There goes my tution.
75% tax rate
no right to self defense with arms
you have to speak French
up to your armpits (unshaven) in Mooslimbs
female genital hygiene leaves something to be desired
haven't won a war in over two centuries (without a lot of help)

In other words SS, your kind of silly with these link plops you keep dropping. So many it is so easy to see that you don't understand what happened. You just feel like you have to post something. You need to spend some time thinking before you embarass yourself posting crap like this.

Colleges raised their tuition rates, housing rates, and what have you rates because government is the largest purchaser of education. This was the goal of government, to imprison people in debt. Why do you think you can't discharge your student loan debt through bankruptcy or any other way. If you don't pay they own you. I you do pay they own for 10 years. Colleges are no great help. I asked the grounds keeper at a local college what he did with the flowers that he changed every month. He told me that they throw them away and they buy new ones. Get that, every month the new expense of flowers that no one cares about. There goes my tution. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
What I'm posting isn't crap and I don't care what you think. There is a lot of truth to my posts and there a lot of people who actually agree with me. Just because you don't is none of my business. As I said before, I enjoy debating the issues. There is no need for this name calling and cyber bullying. As far as that goes, "what's good for the goose, is good for gander". If you want to cyber bully me with a potty mouth, why can't I do the same to you?
What I'm posting isn't crap and I don't care what you think. There is a lot of truth to my posts and there a lot of people who actually agree Originally Posted by SassySue

Yes it is crap and the truth is usually skewed in your posts and yes there are a lot of other people like you who are oblivious to reality.

If you want to cyber bully me with a potty mouth, why can't I do the same to you Originally Posted by SassySue
Welcome to the political forum Grasshopper.
What I'm posting isn't crap and I don't care what you think. There is a lot of truth to my posts and there a lot of people who actually agree with me. Just because you don't is none of my business. As I said before, I enjoy debating the issues. There is no need for this name calling and cyber bullying. As far as that goes, "what's good for the goose, is good for gander". If you want to cyber bully me with a potty mouth, why can't I do the same to you? Originally Posted by SassySue
You don't debate. You link and run away. The truth to your posts is in your mind and just because a lot of people (whoever they are) believe your links doesn't make them right.

So why don't you really debate an issue? That means no links unless it is to show a fact. The logic has to be solely yours and the words have to be yours.

I don't see you challenging my (and other's) assertion that government involvement and wastful spending by colleges are driving the price up. Or that the ultimate goal of all those government guaranteed loans is to create a dependent class of college educated people. The under class is already a dependent class.
I never borrowed a dime to attend college.
I worked a full time job and went to classes at night.

the liberals are fucking the middle class to death.
The government is as much to blame as the idiots that strap themselves with a government loan that is almost like herpes.
Liberals run the education system so this is the first place to look for change.

Just another step into total government control and you liberals bitch about the outcome of what you have done.

Only in your lib-retard mind can a 35% to 75% tax on one's income and purchases for the rest of one's natural born days be considered "free".

Liberals run the education system so this is the first place to look for change.

Just another step into total government control and you liberals bitch about the outcome of what you have done. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
I didn't borrow a dime either and I was an orphan

you are right the liberals create the problem, the college administrations, the government and the kids, and then complain and then their fix is to double down on what created the problem to begin with

Are any of the liberal constituent groups happy? no matter what they get they remain unhappy
  • DSK
  • 06-30-2016, 09:08 PM

The French are miserable and are stuck with a huge and alienated populace full of young Muslims. I've been to Paris lately, and it disappoints.

Except for the Moulin Rouge, of course.
  • DSK
  • 06-30-2016, 09:11 PM
I worked a full time job and went to classes at night.

the liberals are fucking the middle class to death.
The government is as much to blame as the idiots that strap themselves with a government loan that is almost like herpes.

Just another step into total government control and you liberals bitch about the outcome of what you have done. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Although I consider college to be rather overrrated, and I'm clearly just an uneducated baker who went to a trade school, your method of getting a college education is the route taken by the kind of person that makes America great.

Damn few of your type left, and I commend you on your successful journey.