Poverty Statistics/USA Poverty

Here's some more statistics on poverty in the United States in case some of you are still not convinced how many are living below the poverty line. By the way, I, myself became homeless last year for several months and it wasn't the first time. The reason I am sharing this with you (and it was hard to do) is because I want more people to become aware of the reality of the problem. It can happen to anyone. And it doesn't just happen to someone just because they are lazy. There are a lot of reasons it can happen, one of them is due to the eroding economy, another is stagnant wages and rising cost of living. I met a woman (while I was sleeping in my car) who could only obtain part-time work at age 53. She had a car payment and could not afford to pay rent too, so she opted to sleep in her car in lieu of paying rent. This sort of scenario happens to real people all the time, yet they are often invisible to the rest of the world. You don't hear about them on Fox news or the mainstream news media.

http://www.povertyprogram.com/usa.php
  • Tiny
  • 06-30-2016, 09:12 PM
The programs need to be reformed. For example, a single mother shouldn't be forced to stay on welfare because if she goes to work she loses government support. And yes there should have been some mechanism to tide you over and help get you employed so you wouldn't have been homeless.
  • DSK
  • 06-30-2016, 09:25 PM
Here's some more statistics on poverty in the United States in case some of you are still not convinced how many are living below the poverty line. By the way, I, myself became homeless last year for several months and it wasn't the first time. The reason I am sharing this with you (and it was hard to do) is because I want more people to become aware of the reality of the problem. It can happen to anyone. And it doesn't just happen to someone just because they are lazy. There are a lot of reasons it can happen, one of them is due to the eroding economy, another is stagnant wages and rising cost of living. I met a woman (while I was sleeping in my car) who could only obtain part-time work at age 53. She had a car payment and could not afford to pay rent too, so she opted to sleep in her car in lieu of paying rent. This sort of scenario happens to real people all the time, yet they are often invisible to the rest of the world. You don't hear about them on Fox news or the mainstream news media.

http://www.povertyprogram.com/usa.php Originally Posted by SassySue
If we quit wasting so much money on the fucking military we could spend that money on temporary shelters and assistance getting people to work and pay taxes.

We could also tax the shit out of immigrants and use that money to help people victimized by the low wages induced by poor, unskilled migrants.
That Whole Democratic Plantation thing SUCKS just like the 0zombie Religion of Globalism Warming Mongering... Put your food in your gas tanks, fuckers

The programs need to be reformed. For example, a single mother shouldn't be forced to stay on welfare because if she goes to work she loses government support. And yes there should have been some mechanism to tide you over and help get you employed so you wouldn't have been homeless. Originally Posted by Tiny
See these two articles:

http://www.truthdig.com/eartothegrou...in_us_20111231

and

http://www.mintpressnews.com/empty-h...-homes/207194/

Seems like something could be done with the vacant homes since so many are freezing in the cold, many because they have lost their jobs and can't find another one. Not because they are drug addicts or lazy. The census also does not account for people who are "doubling up" or "couch surfing" without a home of their own, which is what I am currently doing.
We've had 50 years of the War on Poverty. Guess what, poverty has won. The government programs are designed to keep people in poverty. Why? Dependent voters are dependable voters. The moment you create an entitlement, most people will vote for people who promise to increase that entitlement, and against anyone who might offer an alternative. We have generational poverty thanks to the government's attempts to "help".

The government NEVER has your best interest at heart! They only want to obtain and maintain power. They get the big money and titles from the ultra-elite Statists, throw a few crumbs to the poor, and congratulate themselves on how "compassionate" they are. All the while, the big money goes right back to their owners.

That's how Democrats and Republicans obtain and maintain power.
  • DSK
  • 07-01-2016, 04:36 AM
We've had 50 years of the War on Poverty. Guess what, poverty has won. The government programs are designed to keep people in poverty. Why? Dependent voters are dependable voters. The moment you create an entitlement, most people will vote for people who promise to increase that entitlement, and against anyone who might offer an alternative. We have generational poverty thanks to the government's attempts to "help".

The government NEVER has your best interest at heart! They only want to obtain and maintain power. They get the big money and titles from the ultra-elite Statists, throw a few crumbs to the poor, and congratulate themselves on how "compassionate" they are. All the while, the big money goes right back to their owners.

That's how Democrats and Republicans obtain and maintain power. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
100% correct, and it is unfortunate we are their subjects.