Darwin awards

Darwin awards came in a email today so I'm not sure if it is factual.
The number one award went to a goon who walked passed a parked police car into a gun shop fired a few rounds into the ceiling and announced he was holding the place up'
The police man shop owner and concealed carry patrons returned fire, and he was killed.
This guy would qualify, but what struck me was there were 47 spent casings on the floor and the robber was hit 23 times. They let people like that have firearms?
The number one award went to a goon who walked passed a parked police car into a gun shop fired a few rounds into the ceiling and announced he was holding the place up'
The police man shop owner and concealed carry patrons returned fire, and he was killed.
This guy would qualify, but what struck me was there were 47 spent casings on the floor and the robber was hit 23 times. They let people like that have firearms? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Hey, nearly 50% accuracy in a real-world environment (not stationary targets) is pretty good. I don't know why you're complaining.
I wonder how many of our home brewed dipshits would qualify.
Was wondering who paid for the store damage. Or did the missed rounds go into the street.
This guy would qualify, but what struck me was there were 47 spent casings on the floor and the robber was hit 23 times. They let people like that have firearms? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Where did this incident happen?

Firing a pistol with accuracy isn't as easy as George Zimmerman makes it look.
I wonder how many of our home brewed dipshits would qualify. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I wonder how many of our home brewed chimps would qualify?...

Thanks for putting In Bred Hankering's movie up whifffy.
Does anyone else see the irony of LittleEva posting about the Darwin awards?
Hey, nearly 50% accuracy in a real-world environment (not stationary targets) is pretty good. I don't know why you're complaining. Originally Posted by ExNYer
50% is damn good.
I read someplace that it took an average of @ 7000 rounds per kill (enemy soldier) in WWII. No info on the defining parameters of a kill (or if cannon rounds counted at all) but if you think about a P-51 pilot using 1800 rounds to shoot down 2 German fighters and both pilots safely bail out, 30 ships firing at a kamikaze that hits his target, tens of thousands of rounds in city anti-aircraft fire that might or might not shoot down a bomber, etc.
As far as anti-aircraft fire goes, it all changed with the introduction of the VT fuse. In the Pacific, off the top of my head here, it seems to me it went from one hit out of 1500 (500 also rings a bell but I'm going to bed) to 1 in 30.
These fuses were also used for artillery shells to explode them 50-100 feet above the ground for anti-personnel fire. They had them in time to use in Germany but they were seldom used because we didn't want the Germans to get their hands on them to shoot down our planes or shred our troops. When we shot them at the Japanese, misses went into the ocean.
50% is damn good.
I read someplace that it took an average of @ 7000 rounds per kill (enemy soldier) in WWII. No info on the defining parameters of a kill (or if cannon rounds counted at all) but if you think about a P-51 pilot using 1800 rounds to shoot down 2 German fighters and both pilots safely bail out, 30 ships firing at a kamikaze that hits his target, tens of thousands of rounds in city anti-aircraft fire that might or might not shoot down a bomber, etc.
As far as anti-aircraft fire goes, it all changed with the introduction of the VT fuse. In the Pacific, off the top of my head here, it seems to me it went from one hit out of 1500 (500 also rings a bell but I'm going to bed) to 1 in 30.
These fuses were also used for artillery shells to explode them 50-100 feet above the ground for anti-personnel fire. They had them in time to use in Germany but they were seldom used because we didn't want the Germans to get their hands on them to shoot down our planes or shred our troops. When we shot them at the Japanese, misses went into the ocean. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
http://www.enginesofinnovation.com/h...case_study.HTM
The 7000 rounds per kill was also from tanks, planes, etc.

We are making up for it with one round 300 kills.

I like that.
Does anyone else see the irony of LittleEva posting about the Darwin awards? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I was thinking about the irony of his helper monkey now that you mention it.
Does anyone else see the irony of LittleEva posting about the Darwin awards? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Sorry I only was commenting on the #1 award you did make # 3 .Congrats....
The irony of someone as dumb as you making that comment.
Still trying to redeem yourself from the last error you made.
I was thinking about the irony of his helper monkey now that you mention it. Originally Posted by gnadfly

Oh! Another ad hominid attack.. .
Oh! Another ad hominid attack.. . Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Don't worry about it. It takes them well over 7000 posts just to wound someone.