Best Cigar Bars & Gyms in Kansas City

Hey there! So as an avid baseball fan, I'm trying to hit every MLB stadium before I'm 35. So starting later this month, I have 5 years to hit all 30 (5-7/year isn't bad). Anywho - Kansas City is on my list this year so I'm headed that way at the end of August for a Royals game.

When I travel, I love to try out a new cigar bar and sip scotch. I've looked at three places but was curious what the locals have to say. Because I'll take a local recommendation over Google and Yelp almost any day. Currently on my list:

• La Cultura Cigar & Social
• Majestic
• Fidel's

Also, does anyone know of a good old school bodybuilding gym in Kansas City? My gym in Minneapolis is in an old machine shop with no AC and I love it! So if anyone knows of anything similar could you please let me know? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Paige, xx

n.b. I may make time to meet a friend or two so if I wanted to keep myself happy but accommodate others, would Downtown, CCP, or OP be better?
Been to Fidels. Small and cozy in Westport. Plenty of places to eat and drink all around it. Close to the Plaza too.
Another not on your list is Outlaw Cigar and Brewery in North Kansas City. Just across the river from downtown KCMO. Big industrial building. High ceilings, big screen TVs, plenty of recliners to relax and smoke. Bbq down the block or other dining choices a half mile North.
Weston Tobacco, in downtown Weston, Mo. If you want to get out of the city. North of the airport a few miles. Besides a 600 variety humidor sales room, they have some hand rolled local grown tobacco. O'Malley's pub if you want to see something truly unique. 3 stories underground in a 1842 brewery cellar. American Bowman sister restaurant at ground level. Tin Kitchen on Main street for bbq.
Freight House Fitness in the West Bottoms is not air-conditioned. In the summer you can sweat to your hearts content. It is unfortunately classes only.
TailHooked - thank you for the insight. I'll be sure to keep this info in mind as I start to create my schedule.

Hounddog - while that sounds like what I like... I'm not in the classes. Damn.

Regardless, thank you both for your help!
Genesis on 35 in Merriam is the body building type of all the Genesis.
The Foundation is a great gym. It does have A/C lol, but lots of power lifting equipment, and good vibes.
Sometimes when at the gym ill light up a cigar, pour some bourbon and hit the treadmill.
So far Im seeing only an increase in drinking and no weight loss!
Sometimes when at the gym ill light up a cigar, pour some bourbon and hit the treadmill.
So far Im seeing only an increase in drinking and no weight loss! Originally Posted by BigDeal
You know they do turn on. Hitting them only hurts your drinking hand. Lol.
The Majestic is a fantastic restaurant and bar, although I've never sampled the cigar bar.

The decor is genuine fin de siècle saloon. It feels like that photo from the opening montage of Cheers.
The Majestic is a fantastic restaurant and bar, although I've never sampled the cigar bar.

The decor is genuine fin de siècle saloon. It feels like that photo from the opening montage of Cheers. Originally Posted by RManFlint
Cool. Say hi to Norm and Cliff when your there....
Recommend either of the Lifetime Fitness gyms in JoCo

Cigar Room in Lee's Summit is top notch

Avoid Ritter in DeSoto

Outlaw is okay if you want big box store environment

Fidel's is lame, IMO. No smoke room and limited high quality selection. They cater to the impulse buyer walking in Westport, not the connoisseur.
I need a swimming pool. Something other than Genesis would be nice, some of the people with Genesis seem to have an attitude problem.

Time to look around for something new.
I’m not a cigar guy - but I’m a big gym connoisseur. The Forge in Lee’s Summit is solid - power lifting, body building, strong man type of gym. Friendly people, always a great lift. If your looking for power lifting or Olympic style training Strong Barbell Club in NKC is great - but it’s pretty much just for that. Tons of barbells and calibrated plates, but 0 machines. Good folks there too! Please avoid all those big box gyms. There are so many better places!
Thank you all so much for the intel! It is much appreciated and has allowed me to plan out my days a bit better while I'm in KC.

To be fair, I'm really excited about this trip! My travel to KC is for me (my MLB Stadium Challenge) so it'll be nice to actually have some substantial personal time to see and explore the city. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go to the Royals game or hit up the cigar bar with a new friend but hey... I've been traveling solo for so long now, I'm 100% comfortable going it alone.

Also, commercial gyms are not my thing at all. If I can, I always support local and The Forge looks perfect ��.