Why do providers not take blocked calls

I dont understand this. LE wont use a blocked number to call them. My main reason is I dont want my number given out. If a provider gets busted and my number is their phone or someone steals their phone and starts calling or using it for blackmail its just no safe. I know yall say get a burn phone. But you have to hide it and if So finds it you are done and its a pain in the ass adding minutes and all the other crap. Its just much easier taking blocked calls. What is the down said for a provider to take blocked calls
Well, I guess, if I did give out my number and I have a client trying to reach me, I kinda want a name or handle to go with the number that is calling me.

It also does help when we start getting weird messages from that same number that make it appear that it is NOT the same person we have already had a conversation with (possibly an SO).

I don't give my number out until after screening, so for me, it's just easier to email me with your references first...since I'm not going to see you without that information anyways. I get that out of the way before giving out my number. I also have an app for my hobby phone, so that might be a good option for you to consider. I only get so many minutes a month to use for calling, so I do most of my "work by phone" via text. It's worked out pretty well for me.
Mike, have you considered Google Voice? If you have a smartphone, there are several options available to you in regards to making it less likely your activity will be discovered.
  • hd
  • 01-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Hobby phone. a burner like I have is less then 10$/mo. and the phone itself was only 15$

I believe though, even if you block your number on your smartphone, the number you called can still be recovered from your carrier, especially in a divorce trial.

I hate to be harsh dude, but get a brain, providers won't answer blocked calls anymore than you would!

I keep my burner at work or in my truck, if she finds it I just say I found it in a parking lot. I also delete all calls and texts after I've finished seeing my provider.
its easier for me to take non-blocked calls because I can use that number for screening. Helps the process alot.
Because we don't want to and that is reason enough
Because we don't want to and that is reason enough Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
Spoken like,a true drama free hooktard.
Spoken like,a true drama free hooktard. Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
LOL....I've been called worse.

Hmmm...I think I just picked out the mom of teenagers on here..
Because it looks sketchy. Get Google Voice if you don't want to use a burner phone.
I never answer blocked calls either. Most people like to know who is on the phone before they answer.
The op.... They don't take blocked calls because they are smart... Simple.
Blocked calls = Bill Collectors, and I don't answer either of 'em!
I dont understand this. LE wont use a blocked number to call them. My main reason is I dont want my number given out. If a provider gets busted and my number is their phone or someone steals their phone and starts calling or using it for blackmail its just no safe. I know yall say get a burn phone. But you have to hide it and if So finds it you are done and its a pain in the ass adding minutes and all the other crap. Its just much easier taking blocked calls. What is the down said for a provider to take blocked calls Originally Posted by mikecross

Holy Tebow!!! They do not answer blocked calls for the same reason you do not answer blocked calls. Anything worthwhile takes some effort but getting minutes is not a pain in the ass, it takes less than two minutes.
can you have more than 1 google voice number per phone I use one for my biz also what type of app is that the first poster said.I always answer blocked calls I have to know who it is and I can always hang up at anytime. I can understand that you would want to google the number and to find out who it is and thats why I want to block mine because my number is all over the intenet because of my biz. I guess a burn phone is the best I just dont have a good place to keep it because I drive multi cars and sometimes Im across town and would like to have some fun but my burn phone is in another car and if my so found it she would never believe I just found it and hid it real good in one of my cars. the best way is to email or pm but providers dont want to give out their address which I understand also