Dump a tv...

Hello I dont do this so if this is in the wrong place, don't panic and yell at me cus its really not that serious.

I have a 73inch Mitsubishi dlp and i need this thing gone. If someone wants it with its many issues, by all means please come get it, its yours.
It has to be connected to an output audio source like a sound bar, surround sound of whatever because its own sound stopped working awhile back. Also It needs some chip n it needs space because its not only wide from the front its a dlp so it sticks out in the back. On fhe flipside its great for call of duty type of games and watching movies. Its an hd 1080p. I have an extra bulb for it as well. This is a shot in the dark because I cant think of any other way to get rid of it

Thank you...
Donate it.. List whats wrong and let them deal with it.

Best Buy gives you store credit for old electronics.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...at149900050025

Nevermind the best buy info.. they don't take DLPs.
  • hd
  • 08-05-2013, 12:19 PM
if you live in an apartment, get some friends to set it out by the dumpster, or if in a house, set it out the night before trash pick up. it'll be gone before morning.

I buy cheap throw rugs for my dogs to make it easy for them to walk on tile and hardwood floors, after they're worn out or have had an accident on them, I put them out with the trash and by morning they've been picked up. And I'm sure surprised whoever took them when they roll them out and see the surprise on it.
try craig's list
It's best to keep these type of things out of landfills & recycled if possible.

If you'd like to see if someone is interested in it, try:
www.Freecycle.org

• BLM69
  • 08-05-2013, 06:46 PM
try craig's list Originally Posted by fletch
x2
I tried to give away a perfectly good Sony HD TV with HDMI last year. Good Will wouldn't take it, no takers on CL. Finally had to take to a recycler and pay .50 a pound to get rid of it. It came with remote, owners manual etc. all in perfect condition. If it isn't a flat panel HD, nobody wants it.
  • hd
  • 08-06-2013, 06:37 AM
I know a DLP is big and unless it's the latest model, no one wants it, but someone would probably take it if it's sitting next to the trash. If not, hopefully the trash guys would trash it.

I wouldn't do CL unless KJ has a friend with her during the transaction, too many creeps looking to take advantage of a single woman?
My experience has been the same as HD's. We have people that drive through our neighborhood on trash days and pick up almost anything.

I have left a water heater and a TV (on separate occasions) and they were both picked up.
Another recycling option: www.DFWReclaimers.com

put it on the side of the dumpster somebody will grab it.. Dlp is like a t-rex....
I donated the same item a couple years ago to these guys, they came with a big truck to pick it up. www.soulsharbordallas.org
If you file taxes and declare income, donate it and take the deduction.

If not, sell it on eBay (better than Craigslist).

Good luck.

L4L
You can always try this one. When I get hotel room service and finish, I put my tray next to the door across the hall.

Try that with the TV?

You might check with the Salvation Army, and they pick up stuff, but I am not sure about a TV this large.