favorite road trip music???

once again it's late and i'm bored. I actually have been on the road for 3hrs. My oldest daughter was in SA visting her friends and she needed a ride home back to corpus christi. On my days off i'm in SA and i stay there till the last day off,but she asked for a ride and being a good dad i drove her home to CC,then i drove to the small town where i work. So we drove and chatted for awhile and eventually we just put the music on and turned it up...it's nice that we listen to alot of the same music.

Anyway my question is what or who do you listen to on a road trip?

For me it's Linkin Park(my favorite band),fatboy slim, paul oakenfield,five finger death punch,and the suckerpunch soundtrack.
CCR/John Fogerty, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Boston, ZZ Top, Pink Floyd, Rush, Dream Theater & Journey.
Rush...Rush...and ummm....Rush!
I have to say there's nothing like cranking up some Ronnie Montrose with Sammy Hagar on vocals and hearing some Space Station #5 or Bad Motor Scooter and clean out the old speakers in the ride!
sa-rushfan...Rush is awesome...i saw them in austin '87. @sanantonioman37 you have excellent taste in music.
Rahkir you are right...Sammy Hagar does rock on the road...saw Sammy Hagar right before he joined Van Halen...wow what memories!!!
It never struck me but my work partner is a big Paul Simon fan.
And listening to it last hit me that it was good for a road trip.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Music from the 1970's.
Reggae, Reggae, Reggae......From Bob Marley to Shinehead to Lady Saw to Shaggy to Sean Paul etc. Bouncing to the rasta beats as each mile passes by on the road! Along with a few Red Stripes! Road Trip!!!
Ok Pepper..ill admit ill listen to Britney because my girls listen to her....lol. Nutting Buckeye...Bob Marley is always good.
Ok Pepper..ill admit ill listen to Britney because my girls listen to her....lol. Nutting Buckeye...Bob Marley is always good. Originally Posted by initial d
Yay! Im gonna go see her and Im so excited!
I saw the video you posted..wow!!! Britney is back!!! I"m excited for ya..the show should be awesome show for sure.
Pink Floyd, Credence, Beetles, Dylan, Elton John, Clapton, Dire Straits, Doors, Joblin, Carol King, there are more, but you got to love the old guys and gals
Since I listen to a whole album at a time I'm going to say Red Hot Chili Peppers "Californication" and Queens of the Stone Age "Era Vulgaris". Those two albums help shorten the ride between San Antonio and Houston.