Just moved in!

I just got this new great apartment and Im wondering where are great furniture places in Dallas to look at? I'm moving in tomorrow and need to get a bed today! I am so excited thank you in advance gentlemen and ladies
There's "The Dump" on 635 out by Valley Ranch. I got a mattress there that's pretty nice. There's the new Nebraska Furniture store on 121 by Frisco. I wandered through there and they've got a ton of stuff. There's a clearance area kinda stuck in the back with occasional killer deals. You just have to wade through it to find them. The area in Addison around Midway between 635 and Spring Valley is full of furniture stores.
Ikea
Thank you for the info! Keep am coming!!
  • BLM69
  • 12-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Craigslist
You can find some great stuff at "The Dump" but it is not open every day.

As THN mentioned, Ikea is also a great source especially if you are looking for european style furnishings.

Craigslist was also mentioned by BLM. I have found it to be a good source too. I have also found some unscrupulous sellers too so be careful. OTOH, I know people that have furnished a house from there with no problem.

Sometimes you can find good deals at some of the goodwill/salvation army stores but you have to be there at the right time as those probably go quickly.

Watch for garage sales in nice neighborhoods, you can find some really good deals at times too.
OTOH, I know people that have furnished a house from there with no problem. Originally Posted by MILFEater
Right here!

I got my big ass band new couch, both dining tables (kitchen and formal dining room), office desk, two twin bed frames, two full size bed frames, dressers, bookcases and the rec room couch all on Craigslist. I love buying furniture on CL. It takes some patience but well worth the effort imo. I have an app on my phone where I put in the search term I'm looking for (ex: "Ikea kallax") and the app will ping me when someone posts they have one for sale. It's awesome.

It's not for everyone though. Nebraska Furniture Mart has some good deals if Ikea isn't your thing. I love Ikea for bathroom and kitchen gadgets. Their office and organizational stuff is awesome too.
If you like ikea, take a look at a website called ikea hackers. Build cool stuff through different ikea parts. Prepare to be amazed.
The At home store, used to be Garden Ridge has lots of really cute accent stuff. I love that place
Congrats on the new place!
Love Ikea hackers!!
The At home store, used to be Garden Ridge has lots of really cute accent stuff. I love that place
Congrats on the new place! Originally Posted by Kendall4U
Thank you I spent a pretty penny on all new furniture so now I need things to make it home! Thanks gorgeous
Ikea clearance center! Got a platform bed there for less than $70 because it was missing a bar and they sell it separately for $10 so that was a steal.
TJ Maxx...Ross.....Gormans....and Marshalls has great home decor!!