Restaurant that promoted sex in bathroom would rather forget all about it

.thestar.com/living/article/761098--restaurant-that-promoted-sex-in-bathroom-would-rather-forget-all-about-it?bn=1

No, they’re not taking reservations for the bathroom.

In fact, Mildred’s Temple Kitchen, the Liberty Village restaurant that invited dinersto have Valentine’s Day sex in its unisex washrooms, would rather we forget all about the offer.

“We were just having a bit of fun and being playful,” says Mildred co-owner Donna Dooher.

“The world is a pretty stressed place.”

The offer was part of Mildred's Weekend of Big Love, a Valentine's promotion that includes an optional set of furry handcuffs and such aphrodisiac menu items such as chef Tyler Cunningham's fresh oysters with tapioca pearls and Lady-And-The-Tramp spaghetti and meatballs, served from one plate.

Whether a joke taken too far or a move of public relations genius, Mildred's cheeky invitation has generated worldwide attention. It's been blogged on the right-wing Drudge Report and the left-leaning Huffington Post, proving that sex appeals to readers of every inclination. Celebrity bloggers Perez Hilton and Alyssa Milano have weighed in. Dooher has been interviewed on Australian radio and fielded telephone calls from France.

“They all think we're urging customers to have sex in our bathrooms,” she says. “All we were trying to do was spark a little spontaneity.”

The media blitz hasn't translated into a boost in reservations. According to the Web site Open Table, spots are available at 10 and 10:30 p.m. over the Valentine's weekend. There is also space during Winterlicious - the city-wide restaurant promotion that ends Feb. 11 - for both the $20 lunch and $35 early dinners.

Neither have there been cancellations, despite numerous angry voicemails.

“People were just outraged that we're tarnishing the reputation of the Toronto restaurant industry. We've been called a classless bunch running a bawdy house, who the police should take to jail,” Dooher says.

(One local television station contacted Toronto Police Services to find out if public washroom sex is allowed. It is, between consenting adults.)

The suggestion of washroom sex, Dooher laughs, has certainly divided her customers. “I've heard ‘How can my children and I ever step in your restaurant again?’ and ‘Aww. You ruined it. Now no one will ever have sex in there again’.”

Dooher, a 30-year industry veteran, says she's considered adding security for the Valentine's weekend but hasn't decided.

Her advice for nervous diners who just have to go?

“Just use the bathroom,” Dooher says.
Been there! Yes, I had sex in the bathroom in a very upscale restaurant here in Dallas. It was non-hobby related, just some good ole fashioned " gotta have you right here, right now" kinda sex. No one seemed surprised, go figure.
Rick Pitino is making reservations