Born in a different time.

If you had your druthers, when would you like to have been born?
When would it be for you?
For me it's.
325 BC.
130 Ad.
1450 Ad.
1923 Ad.
Good thread!

It would depend. If I could take the knowledge I have with me or not also makes a difference.

Would definitely like to have seen Rome in about 100 A.D. but circumstances of birth would make a big different.

1850s London would be good too.

Or have been around in 1975 and bought into Microsoft...
I have to choose remaining in the present. I would not want to live in an era that did not have access to safe and legalized birth control. I do love to read history, but it always convinces me that I would be lost in another time.
I have to choose remaining in the present.I do love to read history, but it always convinces me that I would be lost in another time. Originally Posted by Alice Again
Well said. These are the good old days.

Days long past may have some romantic lure, but, in most other times, our lives likely would have been "nasty, brutish and short".
As a man, crossing the Rubicon with Caesar.
As a woman, doing Cesar after he crossed the Rubicon.
As a man during the American Industrial Revolution.
As a woman, the 1920’s. I’d have made a great flapper.
As a man, Colonial India.
As a woman, 2,000 years from now on the frontier.
As a man, crossing the Rubicon with Caesar.
As a woman, doing Cesar after he crossed the Rubicon.
As a man during the American Industrial Revolution.
As a woman, the 1920’s. I’d have made a great flapper.
As a man, Colonial India.
As a woman, 2,000 years from now on the frontier. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Did you come up with that? Of course you did.
Awesome....
"nasty, brutish and short"
YES!
Tis Helen Of Troy......

I would have been born in the era of the Courtesan. Perhaps I could have been Veronica Franco with a better life ending.........( servants were common and perfectly OK). So long as I didn't have to do my own work and could have my luxe life....I could be dressed by a hand maid, bath prepared daily, hair brushed for me daily, accepted as an intellectual ONLY because I was a courtesan....

I can have all these things now but how silly and expensive would it be once word got out.....I would be seen as asking the rest of the world to eat cake in a recession......

If you had your druthers, when would you like to have been born?
When would it be for you?
For me it's.
325 BC.
130 Ad.
1450 Ad.
1923 Ad. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
I'd like to be 28 years of age on December 22, 2012, to prove that "it" was all a metaphor and begin the journey of my thirties in a world of peace, love and all things good.
I'd like to be 28 years of age on December 22, 2012, to prove that "it" was all a metaphor and begin the journey of my thirties in a world of peace, love and all things good. Originally Posted by LynetteMarie
????
???? Originally Posted by pjorourke
End of Mayan calendar.
Aha!!!
  • MrGiz
  • 01-15-2010, 04:29 PM
End of Mayan calendar. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
The day after the end..... I know... picky-picky

Giz
End of Mayan calendar. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
  • MrGiz
  • 01-15-2010, 08:11 PM