When dating a provider or hobbyist...

For those of you who have dated in the past, is currently dating or would date a provider or hobbyist in the future I'm curious to know...

When introducing a provider (or former provider if she retired to be with you) to your non-hobbying friends, I'm sure the perplexing question of occupation or former occupation has got to come up, along with how you two met. I'm wondering how this is or would be handled.

Not that I would, but hypothetically speaking, here's how it would go for me.

--- So Tania, what do you do?
-Okay, need I really spell it out for you guys on eccie...

--- Interesting, yada, yada, yada. Where did you two meet? You both look so great together.
-Ahh that's so funny. We met online. It was a quirky website for a most embarrassing hobby we both share and have vowed to tell no one (smile).

So... to everyone who has/is or could be in this situation:

What's your provider/provider's profession and where did you two meet?

BTW... I think an adult social worker is a great occupation cover. No one ever asks where you work.
  • CDL1
  • 06-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Too funny BlackSpanishTeacher

Been there and done that.

We met through a mutual friend and her occupation is retail sales. To handle more in-depth items you will need a more extensive business plan drawn up, ahead of time.

Never thought about the social worker angle. Nice
Whadda ya mean yada, yada, yada? its yaddayadda.....lol.....just kidding.

I am currently dating a provider and I tell them she is an insurance adjuster.....never ask anything else. Insurance is the black hole of professions....

If they ask where we met: Industrial fire...five killed....

No other questions.

P.S. Your hot.
I am currently dating a provider and I tell them she is an insurance adjuster.....never ask anything else. Insurance is the black hole of professions....

No other questions.

P.S. Your hot. Originally Posted by yaddayadda

LMAO! Priceless!

It's easy for me. I'm a therapist. He was my client and asked me out for two years.
The up side, I finally said "yes".
The downside, he hasn't had a massage since.

I'm not currently dating, I'm way too busy.
Whadda ya mean yada, yada, yada? its yaddayadda.....lol.....just kidding.

No other questions.

P.S. Your hot. Originally Posted by yaddayadda
Thanks for the compliment. I think MSOG is pure hotness... just look at your tagline (wink wink)

Insurance. You are absolutely right about that one. I would never ask specific questions on that one.

However, tell someone you're a teacher and it opens up a can of worms such as: what district, what grade, subject and then the killer... You know I have a question about grading because my childs teacher did/said... yaddayadda (is that better).

Then I get the stories of how they took Spanish in HS and college and can't remember a damn thing, lol.

I think anything with adjuster on the end is an automatic "go"!
I just say......"Hah?... I'm sorry...what?"

Then, I just walk away. Works like a charm, every time!

They always say....."She's nice. I like her." LOL...

Yeah, no...I'm bad at this one. I usually just say....Office Manager. Which is Fine and acceptable when you're Younger! Now, they just look at me and go.. Wow....really?.......Oooooooka aaay.

And then I just walk away.

Fuckers.

~Kelly TNT
I wish you were managing my office..

Just sayin..

f5
f5

Back atcha babe!

Oh, and I would Soooooo Manage Your office! GOOD too!

~Kelly TNT
I like this subject because I once was in love with a provider and she never allowed her work get in our way.I was looking at the bright side of thing's she had alot of provider friends and always had alot of fun when we all got together.My girlfriend/provider was killed in a bad car wreak!She was always there to provide to the hobby and when work was over she was home loving her family,never would you think that was her job.She never went aday without making me feel like a king and took alot of time with the family.What can I say she loved sex and I loved to see her happy,but it was a two way street if I found a female that I would like to play with I was open to do my thing.I looked at it a little more as swinging myself but here we call it a hobby.....For all the providers that have a s.o. it takes alot for you to make a man happy knowing your business,just make the best of every moment yall share never know when its going to end.

R.I.P.
Mama!
We love you and always will!

@ mastermind1

It's always a tragedy to loose a loved one. Your wife was definitely a diamond in the rough. It takes an extraordinary woman to do this full time, then come home and take care of her family without neglect. I'm sorry for your loss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

And not to hijack my own thread, but... For all of you ladies who are able to manage this, kids and a husband as if you were a 1960's "superwife" my clothes... oops I mean hat goes off to you!
I'm not quite confident that I would be able to. You guys are definitely rare.

Ok... I digress... Now back to the subject at hand... Lol
I have introduced my provider as a self employed physical therapist and it has worked just fine.
Not to change the subject, but I'm curious as to how it progresses to where you start dating a provider/client? I know we are all human, and as such, are prone to feeling towards others.
Ah hell, just agree to say y'all met each other in a bar while out with associates... didn't see it coming.
Not to change the subject, but I'm curious as to how it progresses to where you start dating a provider/client? I know we are all human, and as such, are prone to feeling towards others. Originally Posted by sdguy08
"Run Forrest Ruuuuuun"
I have only one word of advice for this. The one word that will save you trouble you've never known. A word that, for some reason, we can't wrap our brains around.... (and not because it's two words in disguise.)

Don't.