What would you do????

Scenerio:

You are in the grocery store when you look back and there stands your ATF. She smiles and ask how you are doing. While trying to pry your dirty mind out of the gutter (since you probably just saw her the day before and she did that thing with her tongue that drives you mad);

Anyways back to the scenerio:

so you notice that she has a few items in her hand.

WOULD YOU PAY FOR THE ITEMS FOR HER????
Depends on if the items she's holding are a rolling pin, spatula, table cloth, and bacon.
so those are the kind of toys Thor is into ...
Who said anything about toys?

Those are lifestyle choices and an adventure!
No, not paying for her items,, we are in public , a simple hello is good enough
Who said anything about toys?

Those are lifestyle choices and an adventure! Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
Well, since the premise is that I just saw her, and probably don't have a return visit scheduled, the "adventure" is likely to be intended for someone else. I guess I could buy them, then write my name on them...
  • Paven
  • 02-13-2011, 08:10 AM
No you're in the store doing your thing and you have your own money to make purchases.

More importantly though is if you do see a client in the "real world", do not approach them, if you happen to make eye contact fine, but continue on your way. You never know who he might be in the store with and wifey might be coming up the aisle with a few more items. All of a sudden the wife turns into Ricky Ricardo with you got some explainin' to do while he turns into Lucy. Why are you talking to that girl? Who is she? Best to not draw any attention. That's the best analogy I can come up with this morning . Discretion is key.
No you're in the store doing your thing and you have your own money to make purchases.

More importantly though is if you do see a client in the "real world", do not approach them, if you happen to make eye contact fine, but continue on your way. You never know who he might be in the store with and wifey might be coming up the aisle with a few more items. All of a sudden the wife turns into Ricky Ricardo with you got some explainin' to do while he turns into Lucy. Why are you talking to that girl? Who is she? Best to not draw any attention. That's the best analogy I can come up with this morning . Discretion is key. Originally Posted by Paven
I am also of the old school and would not acknowledge other then eye contact. Even if I were single and no SO, I would not know if your SO, Mom, Dad, Sister, etc.. is around. Also, I know people in my local "stores" who also know my SO.
Agree Discretion is the Key, say Hi - smile and move on. Text her / him later and say "Now that was weird", and laugh together about it later while jumping each other's bones....
Paven your DEAD ON !!...Eye contact and maybe a Discrete Smile..but nothing else..DISCRETION ,DISCRETION,DISCRETION..
I would never dream that anyone would offer to buy things for me, for any reason at all. What, am I a helpless 'damsel in distress' because I am shopping?

I agree with Paven, she is right-on. discretion is key.

Even if the guy were unattached and did not possibly know anyone in the store, you should be proud to bee able to provide for yourself.
  • Paven
  • 02-13-2011, 08:34 AM
I am also of the old school and would not acknowledge other then eye contact. Even if I were single and no SO, I would not know if your SO, Mom, Dad, Sister, etc.. is around. Also, I know people in my local "stores" who also know my SO. Originally Posted by harkontume
Old school rules!
I agree with Paven, et al!
Well, Maci...did this happen to you? The guy didn't offer to pay for your stuff and you're wondering if you should brand him a cheapskate?

Paven and Crystal were right on in their analysis.
That would never even enter my mind. Paven and Crystal are right. How about we reverse the scenario. You're behind a hobbyist and he just has a few items. Would you offer to pay for his shit?