agencies or indys???

ive never used an agency and have only seen indys. my question is why use an agency,assuming you have references so your not shut out of the indy market...

just curious
perhaps...short notice.
They make for an Excellent Plan 'B'

They almost always have someone available.

The chances of extended sessions are much slimmer and you don't see the HH discounts like with Indies....

But if you wanna nut an hour from now they are the easier option to book with.
It depends on the market.

In Austin, the agency market is what AKB and Whispers mentioned - a convenience store. Drop in, grab what you need and run out.

If you look in Houston, there are several agencies, especially in the Latin flavor, that have GFE providers that match or exceed Indies at a rate range of $160-220. Add in the convenience of being able to call them up and drop by, it's a great alternative to Indy or MP options.
There might be an agency lady that gets your attention could be one reason. Everyone likes variety and some of the "hot" ladies may be with an agency. I personally do not see a difference with legit agencies vs independent ladies. Other than the obvious one has her calls booked for her.
Roxanne,

I think some of the doubts about agencies come from stories of human trafficking, pimps as opposed to managers, and working conditions that might be found in some places. More common in MP situations, but there's a broad grey area where an MP might be classified as an agency depending on how it presents itself and how it's run.

I don't see any in Austin that would suggest to me that any of the allegations about agencies might be true, and I've watched enough of the Houston agency girls go from one to another that I don't think that's happening there either. However, there are always questions about how hands on the "management" might be. Also, some men just have a problem with anyone other than the provider making money off the transaction.
I agree Thor with you on most of this. Me having worked as a "booker" for 2 known agencies. I can say that most of the ladies that worked for this agency were just like many ladies around here in agencies meaning being "new". They simply do not know how to screen and or for some that have been around awhile, just rather not deal with all the screening and booking. They'd rather the booker give them a call and say you need to be here at such and such time and collect "X" amount. In return paying the agencie a portion for their time screening and booking.

But like I said that is with "legit" agencies, and I can agree with some being shady and taking advantage of ladies especially the new ladies that have no idea how much they should be paying an agency for thir services.

As well to many agencies FORGET that THEY are working for the provider. The provider is paying THEM to book and screen their calls and set appointments. I have seen where an agency gets side tracked and starts pulling "pimp" moves and acting like they own a provider.

But there are some really nice agencies out there, that truely have the providers best at hand.
As well to many agencies FORGET that THEY are working for the provider. The provider is paying THEM to book and screen their calls and set appointments. I have seen where an agency gets side tracked and starts pulling "pimp" moves and acting like they own a provider. Originally Posted by Sexy Roxanne
I've been involved with a few over the years and your comment is a typical female/Indy Provider way of looking at things.

Agencies may not own the "girl" but they may very well have a claim to owning the "character" and images the created FOR the girl.....

Agencies build their own reputations and market themselves and hire girls to provide services...... The girls earn a percentage but they are not "paying" the agencies....

And in some markets agencies are respected by the community and own the "images" they create for ladies...

i.e. "Angie" is the new flavor of the month and AAAMazing and after 2 months decides to go Indy after being "made" by the stellar reputation AAAmazing has. On her own she would not have had a clue.....

When she tries to go Indy she is booted by from the board for 3 months when she uses pics the Agency posted or refers to who she was...as the board offers the Agencies some level of protection for the images and names they create.....
I had always wanted to try Wildflowers. Max and I had some heated exchanges but it would have been cool to do business at least once. I am not one to hold a grudge...

sixx
Maybe he is... Are they even still around?
Maybe he is... Are they even still around? Originally Posted by Whispers
No ads in several months...

sixx
ya shouldn't have been so mean to him.... Maybe hes over on the Wuss Board...

They might let you in now since your not a MOD or my friend anymore.
That is just MY experience in working as a booker/screener for an agency. I am in NO way knocking legit agencies as the 2 I worked for were great.

I've been involved with a few over the years and your comment is a typical female/Indy Provider way of looking at things.

Agencies may not own the "girl" but they may very well have a claim to owning the "character" and images the created FOR the girl.....

Agencies build their own reputations and market themselves and hire girls to provide services...... The girls earn a percentage but they are not "paying" the agencies....

And in some markets agencies are respected by the community and own the "images" they create for ladies...

i.e. "Angie" is the new flavor of the month and AAAMazing and after 2 months decides to go Indy after being "made" by the stellar reputation AAAmazing has. On her own she would not have had a clue.....

When she tries to go Indy she is booted by from the board for 3 months when she uses pics the Agency posted or refers to who she was...as the board offers the Agencies some level of protection for the images and names they create..... Originally Posted by Whispers
ya shouldn't have been so mean to him.... Maybe hes over on the Wuss Board...

They might let you in now since your not a MOD or my friend anymore. Originally Posted by Whispers
I wonder what credentials are needed to apply. Do I have to take an oath? Can anyone help me on this?

sixx
I think they like nice people..

And people that don't like me....